• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Is there a post in one of these threads detailing for first-timers exactly how these days go down?

Is there a point in being in the Senate building unless you are testifying?

If showing up in the afternoon/evening makes a difference then I will be there tomorrow.

If you want to testify, you must go inside and sign up using the touch screens outside of the senate committee room before 11am. Yes, it is still beneficial to be inside if you do not plan on speaking. Numbers matter.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So what bills are in comittee tomorrow?
    According to MSI's page:
    SB882-Ghost guns
    SB737-LGQL
    SB8-Computer aided, hearing cancelled???

Is that all?

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I plan on making this one.. I have an appointment for blood work at JBA lab, 1st thing in the morning. Lab opens at 07:30, may not get to AN until around 10:00. XLG or 2XLG on the shirt, if there is any left. Check book in hand for a donation, no matter what.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I suspect the moms will arrive in numbers and take over the room. Is that the plan.

I’m asking folks to arrive by around 9:30 to engage in some picketing.

We will priortize touchscreen testimony sign ups then ask for people to join a picket.

If we find they are gaming us at the hearing room door, we will change gears.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    According to mgaleg testimony FAQ, testimony sign ups start at 8:30. And that's for their usual start time of 1pm. It says times may change when the start time is earlier. I don't know how to find out if that starts earlier, since I know it does end earlier. At any rate, we plan to sign up by then, grab breakfast, then can either picket or occupy chairs as needed.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Hey, while we're there tomorrow, I'm not liking this one either!! I might signup for this too.

SENATE BILL 599
    P1, F1, F2
    9lr2057
    CF 9lr1640
    By:
    Senator Nathan

FOR the purpose of requiring each county board of education, public institution of higher
    education, and hospital to establish a policy on or before a certain date that limits
    immigration enforcement on the premises of the appropriate entity to the fullest
    extent possible consistent with federal and State law based on certain guidelines

developed by the Attorney General; requiring the Attorney General, in consultation
    with certain stakeholders, to develop certain guidelines on or before a certain date;
    and
    generally relating to policies on immigration enforcement by county boards of
    education, public institutions of higher education, and hospitals.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Hey, while we're there tomorrow, I'm not liking this one either!! I might signup for this too.

I saw that one and was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if testifying on that would further polarize the committee against us as racist baddies.

Also, I'm still a little brainfried from yesterday (today?...what day is it anyway?) and want to focus on 2A. I'm not sure have have the resources to effectively delve into anything else. :o

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Sorry that I'll miss tomorrow. Monday's hearing room take-over was a sight to behold. I took my first trolley ride back to the Navy stadium parking lot. Easy peasy, got on at the bus stop at Bladen and College Ave. right outside the State House. Just $1 each way (senior 60+ rate, $2 for you young 'uns).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So what bills are in comittee tomorrow?
    According to MSI's page:
    SB882-Ghost guns
    SB737-LGQL
    SB8-Computer aided, hearing cancelled???

Is that all?
    I don't understand how these things work. In the Senate, they also have a bill on firearms access within homes, SB441. Why won't they have hearings on it? Will it be rescheduled for another date?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

I saw that one and was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm wondering if testifying on that would further polarize the committee against us as racist baddies.

Also, I'm still a little brainfried from yesterday (today?...what day is it anyway?) and want to focus on 2A. I'm not sure have have the resources to effectively delve into anything else. :o

I thought about it some more. As much as I agree with the bill, I don't think I can offer clear conscience testimony for it while sporting a "We Will Not Comply" sticker. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom