• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    Shiny object of the week. It's a long time, politically speaking, between now and the primaries.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    When O'Malley passed on the open Senate seat, maybe somebody had given him a heads up about the HildaBeast emails.

That would explain why stayed put.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Drudge is on it ...

When O'Malley passed on the open Senate seat, maybe somebody had given him a heads up about the HildaBeast emails.

That would explain why stayed put.

NY'er.com -
    A Real Democratic Challenger for Hillary Clinton?

Read the whole article ...

If O’Malley does formally enter the race, he’ll be a heavy underdog, of course. Still, he’ll find some encouragement from Clinton’s ongoing troubles. On Wednesday, the Associated Press reported that she maintained her own home-brew server for the private e-mail address that she has been revealed to have used for work correspondence as Secretary of State, rather than relying on an outside service, such as Google or Yahoo. “Operating her own server would have afforded Clinton additional legal opportunities to block government or private subpoenas in criminal, administrative or civil cases because her lawyers could object in court before being forced to turn over any emails,” the A.P. story said.

CSMonitor.com -
    Martin O'Malley sticks with Plan A: try to upend Hillary Clinton

Another reason for O’Malley to stick with his long-shot presidential race is the veepstakes. If he can build a national profile and do well in debates, perhaps he impresses the eventual Democratic nominee.

Gawd forbid ...

md1911fan

Aug 21, 2013
    All I know is...

I really want my own dedicated email server. You gotta give Hilary's I.T. Guys some credit. That's pretty brilliant.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    yeah, there are a long line of people who would be in it but-for-Clinton.
    well, Webb's at least started the whole exploratory committee, so he (and O'Malley) can at least claim to have formally started the process.

wouldn't be surprised if he (or any other Democrat) ultimately bowed out in the face of Clinton, of course.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    technically Webb may have shown the most actual interest in the race.
    Good point. What has Webb been up to after saying he was interested?

I don't know if he has anyone (paid staff) in any of the first primary states. I think Webb is a solid guy, but he is possibly too centrist for a primary contest against any of the left wingers. Not sure. I have not seen much about him after he announced some exploratory stuff, so I just don't know where he is.

From a gun angle, Webb's Chief of Staff was the guy who carried his personal pistol into the capitol and basically said, "why not?"

He plead down to something minor, I think.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    SC Dems give standing ovation to O'Malley...

They don't have a clue, do they ?

You might need to wait a while to access it ...

I think we're the ones missing the point, here. Other than not being "The One", O'Malley has no serious faults as a Progressive politician.

O'Malley is what many Progressives want. He is openly espousing a leftward tilt over Clinton. She plays the centrist, and he shoots left. It's an easy shot for him, considering that HRC has spent so much time being 'inevitable' that she has been working to win against the GOP, not some other Dem.

He has been the massive underdog because he has stayed under the public radar but building a network among those who actually decide nomination in the Dem party in the event she falters. He appears to have made the bet that eventually, Clinton's history might catch up her. She has imploded before, why not again?

O'Malley is largely scandal-free. He has not been caught using taxpayer resources for personal gain, or been caught selling gubernatorial endorsements (Bob McDonnell, of VA for both); he has not been indicted or prosecuted for racketeering and bribery (Rod Blogajevich, IL); nor is he looking down the barrel of a US Attorney who clearly wants to take down a sitting governor for corruption (Andrew Cuomo, NY). He has not lied to claim affirmative action credits (Warren), nor has he been caught paying more than $100K in campaign money to his own family (Jim Webb). And finally, as the saying goes he has not been "caught in bed with a dead girl, or a live boy."

We don't like his politics, but from an nomination standpoint he is a middling ho-hum governor from a blue state who can point to a few decent liberal wins - enviro; gun control; taxing the rain (creative, that one); etc.. O'Malleys's biggest drawbacks - in addition to a failed health exchange and a failed Brown bid - are that he didn't do anything spectacular. In other words, he's not a superstar. He's just plain 'ole Marty from Bal'mer.

That said, if HRC blows up bad, a heavily-Progressive but boring nominee could make sense. He has been stuffing his progressive resume for years now. We might lament the guy, but look from the other side and see from their point of view. He is the model Democrat.

Dec 31, 2012
    Warren will be easily forgiven and she has a national following. Warren would make short work of Marty in a primary debate. I also think there is a a national democrat movement towards having a woman nominee. The bathroom bill won't be enough to get MOM over that hurdle. Aside from that I agree with your assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom