• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WillyD

Recreational Shooter
    Mar 21, 2014
    My long, national nightmare is finally over. I picked up my Ruger Single Ten last Wednesday, and took it to the range to break it in on Sunday. 100 rounds. :thumbsup: Sore thumb.

The FFL had to resubmit the paperwork 3 times, due to (apparently) MDSP error. Lesson learned - only use FFLs that will provide the firearm on the 8th day.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    My long, national nightmare is finally over. I picked up my Ruger Single Ten last Wednesday, and took it to the range to break it in on Sunday. 100 rounds. :thumbsup: Sore thumb.

The FFL had to resubmit the paperwork 3 times, due to (apparently) MDSP error. Lesson learned - only use FFLs that will provide the firearm on the 8th day.

Well, at least you learned something from all of this.

DaytonaGreg

Apr 14, 2014
    Severn, MD
    Waiting until 6am on 7th day

Waiting until 6am on 7th day:
    When I bought my first gun at 2pm one day (midweek) I was notified on 6am on the 7th day.
    When I finalised a purchase at 7:28pm on a Tuesday I was notified on 6am on the 8th day.
    I’m a software developer and I can tell they’ve got a workflow system set up to send an automated email on day 7 (purchase + 7 days), but I think sometimes your purchase doesn’t get into their MDSP workflow system until the next day. It seems like they try to balance things by letting you pickup first thing on day 7 (auto emailed at 6am, which is not a full 7 days on the hour. Said differently, if you bought a gun at 2pm, you can most times pick it up on the 7th day, early, at 10am when they open, instead of waiting til 2pm on the 7th day).
    It’s still idiotic you have to wait, need an HQL, etc, etc. #2A

DaytonaGreg

Apr 14, 2014
    Severn, MD
    My experience on waiting til 7th day

When I bought my first gun at 2pm one day (midweek) I was notified on 6am on the 7th day.
    When I finalised a purchase at 7:28pm on a Tuesday I was notified on 6am on the 8th day.
    I’m a software developer and I can tell they’ve got a workflow system set up to send an automated email on day 7 (purchase + 7 days), but I think sometimes your purchase doesn’t get into their MDSP workflow system until the next day. It seems like they try to balance things by letting you pickup first thing on day 7 (auto emailed at 6am, which is not a full 7 days on the hour. Said differently, if you bought a gun at 2pm, you can most times pick it up on the 7th day, early, at 10am when they open, instead of waiting til 2pm on the 7th day).

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Interesting, but the 77r is "in" the MDSP workflow when the dealer submits it (you get an email that your cc is charged and you can see the status change online).

One possibility perhaps is the dealer forgot to push some buttons. Another is that the software's clock is designed such that anything after some time ( 6pm, 5pm, maybe 7pm who knows) is designated with the next calendar day. 6pm is a guess, since the email comes at 6 am. A final possibility is that when you did your paperwork Monday was a holiday. I think that there is a quirk here too. I avoid 77r paperwork mondays, and Tuesdays when Monday is a holiday.

If possibility #2 is true it would make a curious lawsuit, some people are waiting an extra day.

Technically the FFL can release on the 7th day regardless of the existence of the email. MDSP lost a lawsuit to this effect in 2013 when the wait was 180+ days to process 77rs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom