• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is it legal or no?

• Yes (I am an instructor)

Votes: 23 29.9%
    • No (I am an instructor)

Votes: 8 10.4%
    • Yes no maybe, try a unicorn. (I'm not an instructor)

Votes: 46 59.7%

• Total voters

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    This, and worse, happens when everyone thinks they're an expert.

I tend to listen least to people who talk the most and with the most authority.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Stupid instructor, but maybe they were confused by the natural resources law that says you can’t have a loaded firearm in or testing on a vehicle. But that doesn’t apply to W&C permit holders.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    You need to go back to that instructor and call them on the BS. Tell them to cite where in COMAR you are prohibited from carrying with one in the chamber. If they are unwilling to fix their f-up, post the name up here so people can avoid the bad instructor. Telling people that they shouldn't carry with one in the chamber can get someone killed. If the instructor is unwilling to fix his or her mistake, they need to be called out for it before one of their students dies as a result.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Flat Earther..

Wow....Is that video serious? I cannot believe they teach their soldiers to carry empty. The reason is because the guy doing the drawing was clearly not a trained individual. His posture was a classic reverse C which new shooters do. Not trained shooters.

I'm also surprised Israelis don't have a 2A like right.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    More then likely the same instructors that say you can not open carry on your own property , I find some instructions use their opinion to rub off on others instead of teach facts .

I only want facts , unless I ask for the opinion .

Don't give the anti's any more ideas , this year or next year it will come up and someone will try to pass it in the GA

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Wow....Is that video serious? I cannot believe they teach their soldiers to carry empty. The reason is because the guy doing the drawing was clearly not a trained individual. His posture was a classic reverse C which new shooters do. Not trained shooters.

I'm also surprised Israelis don't have a 2A like right.

You took the bait brother. He just wants to argue.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I wonder if whoever said this was taking the DNR law on no hunting from vehicles and construed a brand new legal interpretation with it. It's amazing how we are our own worst enemies. These are the same kind of people who used to say you couldn't have an HBAR unless it was actually made by Colt.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Was this a Maryland class ?

The one place it could legitimately come up would be if (s)he was discussing Permitless Open Carry in Utah .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    this came up actually! I asked, "if thats the law.. how do you do that with a revolver?"

"5 rounds in a 6 cylinder revolver, resting on the empty chamber"

maybe he was anti semi automatic??

What an idiotic thing to say!

That is about 14 different kinds of stupid.

This fool should NOT be teaching anyone anything.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    On a serious note though. How much is your life worth? Seconds can be very costly when faced with a deadly confrontation as seen and proven time and time again!

[YT]VFXp1R1lxe8[/YT]

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I have always taught my CCW students to carry with one in the chamber. Makes no sense otherwise. Who would risk losing time to rack the slide?

I would offer the same advice to any CCW person who carried a revolver: the cylinder at full capacity.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have always taught my CCW students to carry with one in the chamber. Makes no sense otherwise. Who would risk losing time to rack the slide?

I would offer the same advice to any CCW person who carried a revolver: the cylinder at full capacity.

The only exception might be someone who's carrying an old-style SAA, where there's a pin hanging off the hammer, and resting (or nearly so) on that hammer. It's why, for example, CAS shoots have you carry (at the live stage) on an empty chamber, and everyone ends up with a five-shooter. It doesn't matter as much (or at all) with modern replicas/flavors like the Rugers with a transfer mechanism, but there are enough old-school six shooters in use at those games that the empty chamber thing is... a thing.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    The only exception might be someone who's carrying an old-style SAA, where there's a pin hanging off the hammer, and resting (or nearly so) on that hammer. It's why, for example, CAS shoots have you carry (at the live stage) on an empty chamber, and everyone ends up with a five-shooter. It doesn't matter as much (or at all) with modern replicas/flavors like the Rugers with a transfer mechanism, but there are enough old-school six shooters in use at those games that the empty chamber thing is... a thing.

I agree but I do not think there are many who use those handguns for CCW. I may be wrong.

It has been my experience most CCW folks prefer semi-automatics. Some I know carry spare revolvers as back-up guns and are fond of ankle holsters for them.

No trying to start an argument but stating an observation made over a decade of teaching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom