• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So I went on to brownells and they refuse to ship the magazine body to MD. S what constitutes a "part" is it like ar-15s where the receiver is the gun and everything else is a part? Is the magazine body the magazine the the spring and follower a part? Or is brownells as a company just being overly cautious to protect themselves from any potential backlash?

Brownells just doesn't want to deal with it. Order from Midway and have them shipped to a friend in VA or PA and then go pick them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Brownells just doesn't want to deal with it. Order from Midway and have them shipped to a friend in VA or PA and then go pick them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^^^

Otherwise, have someone out of state place an order for your birthday present. ;)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The intent of the law is FTF in Maryland. Just like the intent of the law is no lightweight AR15 barrels post 10-1.

24 inch bull barrels, marked or unmarked, advertised as such or not advertised as such are, ***In My Opinion***, GTG post 10-1. Yet folks want to argue they are not.

Not what the law SAYS. Intent of the law does not supersede the actual language of the law.

Second thing, MSP has stated, in writing that must be marked or advertised as HBAR. Not the force of law, but it will take a court case to get that clarified. Aer you willing to be the test case?

So, I bought several standard capacity mags in WV (I love that state), and drove them back here to my house in Western Maryland. I was a Maryland resident when I bought them, and I bought them because I couldn't buy them here in Maryland. As I understand the law, it is OK for me to possess and use said mags at a range in Maryland. Is that right, or is some Baltimore leftist going to try to arrest me next time I'm at the range?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Nope, you're good.

Thank you for your decision to make your purchase . Each time we do this it is an eff you to Frosh & The Infringers.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So, I bought several standard capacity mags in WV (I love that state), and drove them back here to my house in Western Maryland. I was a Maryland resident when I bought them, and I bought them because I couldn't buy them here in Maryland. As I understand the law, it is OK for me to possess and use said mags at a range in Maryland. Is that right, or is some Baltimore leftist going to try to arrest me next time I'm at the range?

You are legal. What you did, we all do, even police, it's not a loophole to exercise your rights. Hence why one of my favorite PatriotPickets signs is : "Liberty is not a Loophole".

Read this, even the anti-gun people realize magazine capacity limits do nothing to deter criminals or help fight crime: http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/04/06/anti-gun-site-accidentally-makes-case-magazine-bans/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom