• ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I thought this whole thing was supposed to be simple :whack:

Clear as mud... :shrug:

Lou45's reply is pretty cut and dry, but for some reason many gun shops don't even know what's going on.

I know the places that I have dealt with, do all agree that you only need to have one "with you" for pickup from their store.

If you own, or borrow one, that's all you need to do is have it with you. You don't to buy a new one for every gun purchase.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The 8th day thing has always been hazy. the last one might be iffy, but if the MSP has a problem with the buyer, they should be notifying the dealer as quickly as possible. The 'not denied' has been taken to mean, 'we haven't found something yet.' the only holdup at this point would be the NICS check, since at the stat level a check should be quick (HQL and our D/L is on the app).

Not hazy at all.

8th day, but not on a Sunday or Holiday.

What is so hard about that?

Buy on Saturday, 8th day is Sunday, so wait until Monday. If Monday is a holiday, wait until Tuesday.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not hazy at all.

Buy on Saturday, 8th day is Sunday, so wait until Monday. If Monday is a holiday, wait until Tuesday.

No, Sunday would be the ninth day. The first day is the first day. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. That's 8 days!!!!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The Cop Shop in Baltimore keeps spouting this nonsense about gun locks and MD law. They forced me to buy a new bore lock to bring home a gun purchase even though I brought my own bore lock. Also they tell their customers that it is MD Law to have all firearms stored unloaded and locked with a Bore Lock if there are any children in the house under the age of 18. I will never deal with them again after wanting to bash my head against the wall during the entire transaction.

Clear as mud... :shrug:

Lou45's reply is pretty cut and dry, but for some reason many gun shops don't even know what's going on.

I know the places that I have dealt with, do all agree that you only need to have one "with you" for pickup from their store.

If you own, or borrow one, that's all you need to do is have it with you. You don't to buy a new one for every gun purchase.

So long as the handgun purchaser has a MD compliant internal lock to fit the post '02 manufactured handgun they're purchasing in their possession at the time of pick up, the purchaser need NOT to purchase another MD compliant internal lock.

Not hazy at all.

If the handgun is purchased on a Saturday and the dealer faxes the paperwork successfully to MSP L&R that same day, the eighth day would be the following Saturday. If that Saturday (the eighth day) is a holiday, it can't be picked up until Monday as that Sunday would be considered the eighth day and that is a no-no with Sunday being the eighth day; or the eighth day being a holiday is another no-no.

No, Sunday would be the ninth day. The first day is the first day. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. That's 8 days!!!!

Correct.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Assuming the dealer faxes same day.

I always give it an extra day. And the dealers I buy from agree.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Assuming the dealer faxes same day.

I always give it an extra day. And the dealers I buy from agree.

I just check with the dealer on Day 7 if they actually faxed it on the date of purchase. If so, Day 8 (same day of the week as purchase), I go home happy!

Face

Mar 1, 2015
    Some people just make things complicated. Vending machine would be nice. Make my purchase and be on my way

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom