• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does anybody know of anyone who does work on SKS's in Baltimore County or the surrounding area. I would like to have the B-square scope mount that came on the rifle removed and a new mount installed.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    its an SKS, shake, hit, pound and it will fall off.
    But yeah show this mount you talk about you can prob do it yourself, SKS's are super easy to work on. only thing on mine I can not get off is the rear sight, but haven't tried much since the one time, I now have punches etc (you know, the proper tools)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Does anybody know of anyone who does work on SKS's in Baltimore County or the surrounding area. I would like to have the B-square scope mount that came on the rifle removed and a new mount installed.

if its just attached to the upper portion of the receiver cover then you should be able to take it off when you break it down to clean it and replace it with a different one. pretty simple and no need to take it to a gunsmith.
    like this one
    http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=0dc58015-b6a4-43cd-b33d-26d52fe9848d

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    if its just attached to the upper portion of the receiver cover then you should be able to take it off when you break it down to clean it and replace it with a different one. pretty simple and no need to take it to a gunsmith.
    like this one
    http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=0dc58015-b6a4-43cd-b33d-26d52fe9848d

Actually, that one "replaces" the receiver cover, not just attaches to it. Otherwise, they have mounts that actually require drill and taping, such as this one. If you want instructions on doing it, Surplus Rifle is a great resource.

The cover replacement method is good for plinking, but doesn't really hold good zero, and must be removed for cleaning. The other hold zero much better and doesn't have to be removed for cleaning.

Again rabidravens, pictures are worth a thousand words. However, if you are just looking to have a gun smith work on it, any smith should be able to work on an SKS.

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Re: SKS Scope Mount

I like the Choate scope mount.
    It's a solid platform for optics and is designed so the original iron sights can be used with the mount on.
    It can also be cleaned while in place.
    I prefer a red dot because most shooting I do with my SKS is at 100 yds or less and no case deflector is needed.
    fRIDAYnIGHT015.jpg

fRIDAYnIGHT013.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads