• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    For the upper, drive the FA roll pin in from the bottom, if your punch slips off the pin and mars the anodizing - it'll at least be in a less visible location.

I couldn't offer much more advice without knowing the components you're going to use.

The last 3 uppers I've built up for other people, there's been something unexpected that arises - so if something does pop up on your build, try not to stress. It happens. May have to think outside the box, but a solution will come to mind.

An AAC gas block comes to mind... But at least the fore end went on without a hitch. I might need to link up with you sometime soon to put together another upper.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    An AAC gas block comes to mind... But at least the fore end went on without a hitch. I might need to link up with you sometime soon to put together another upper.

Assisted one guy here not long ago with a .50Beo build, the gas-block was an even tighter fit than yours was - but it got worked on and installed, it fought some, but it submitted.

No problem, I got plenty of time these days - always game for another build. ;)

Feb 28, 2013
    Assisted one guy here not long ago with a .50Beo build, the gas-block was an even tighter fit than yours was - but it got worked on and installed, it fought some, but it submitted.

No problem, I got plenty of time these days - always game for another build. ;)

Did you have to pound the hell out of it with a hammer and a 2x4?:innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Did you have to pound the hell out of it with a hammer and a 2x4?:innocent0

Not quite, but even after some sanding with 1500 grit paper on the block seat, it took some light tapping to fully set it in place.

With DA's, we could get away with just heating it up some with the MAPP gas torch - that was after I had to install the barrel index pin in the barrel extension.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Not quite, but even after some sanding with 1500 grit paper on the block seat, it took some light tapping to fully set it in place.

With DA's, we could get away with just heating it up some with the MAPP gas torch - that was after I had to install the barrel index pin in the barrel extension.

That was fun day. At least it is consistent with where it throws the spent brass.

I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The only problem I encountered was with the crush washer for the muzzle brake. I had to sand it, to be able to index the brake properly.

Attachments

• 20150411_160943.jpg
      20150411_160943.jpg
      38.5 KB · Views: 143

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The only problem I encountered was with the crush washer for the muzzle brake. I had to sand it, to be able to index the brake properly.

Very nice looks great!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

15 inch KMR rail?

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek

I had the same problem but I didn't sand it. I got a bolt and put a nut on it then put the crush washer on then another nut and tighted it a little at a time, put it on barrel, check it. I did that until I got it to fit with the proper torque.You just have to be careful not to flatten it to much.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    FA? Not sure what you mean. Not up on lingo. Don't know what DA and FA stand for. I equate FA with full auto.

Sorry. Forward assist. Gotta make sure the flat side faces the bolt inside the receiver before you drive the roll pin home. I almost made this mistake once but I caught myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom