• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you live in NJ?

It's very difficult to get any gun laws repealed here. No matter how much we try to mobilize people, we have to deal with people who put things like gay marriage, their Government job and their union before their gun rights, they tell us one thing and then do something else at the voting booth. The only firewall has been Christie and that's ONLY because he has Presidential aspirations. I have zero faith in changing anything in this state that does not involve a court order. We are just simply overwhelmed here.

So I will do whatever it takes to protect my gun rights... even if that includes action against private businesses, such as boycotts and the like. That is the only way right now.

I have zero faith in most of the citizens of NJ to do anything positive. We have a core group of gun rights supporters but outside that it is an anti stronghold. LE organizations don't really seem to be interested in helping either (they have their right to carry) and some like gun control for "officer safety" reasons.

It is what it is.

I don't live in NJ. My point is that the status quo is not working. The core group of gun rights supporters you mention have not been enough to bring change yet. By forcing the issue it encourages people on the fence to get involved. I'm talking about someone who may not own a gun but is considering it or someone who owns one gun and may want to get another. It may be enough to snap people out of apathy. Anti-business behaviors punish the wrong people.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    They can't patent "no vulnerabilities". What part of their patent do you think I'd be violating?

Not their patent, DMCA most likely.

That law is being used as a hammer just as innovators said it would be and lawmakers said it would not :sad20:

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I don't live in NJ. My point is that the status quo is not working. The core group of gun rights supporters you mention have not been enough to bring change yet. By forcing the issue it encourages people on the fence to get involved. I'm talking about someone who may not own a gun but is considering it or someone who owns one gun and may want to get another. It may be enough to snap people out of apathy. Anti-business behaviors punish the wrong people.

If the smart gun law goes into effect, NJ residents will simply comply or move out.

You have to understand the culture here. Too many sheep in this state. We are working to change that but it is not an overnight process.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    The FBI in NJ contacted Anthony Colandro (gun for hire) to ask what he thought about smart guns. He also said that the FBI in California is studying them, with the intent of acquiring them.

So I guess it's coming. Better start stocking up on dumb guns.

I have zero faith in most of the citizens of NJ to do anything positive. We have a core group of gun rights supporters but outside that it is an anti stronghold. LE organizations don't really seem to be interested in helping either (they have their right to carry) and some like gun control for "officer safety" reasons.

It is what it is.
    I agree. I grew up in NJ, moving to MD in 1982. I thought I was in gun owners nirvana then. In NJ, being interested in firearms aroused suspicion. The people there are conditioned to be against guns. Although as a kid the local police would wink-nod at a BB gun, I'm sure those days are over. Some of my HS friends show deep hatred of guns and distrust of anybody who owns them. These are the same folks that think "OMG" when they hear "hollowpoints" or that somebody collects guns.

The local sporting goods stores that carried firearms are all gone. There were two in my hometown, one is just a firearms dealer now. I would go in to get my fishing license and tackle back in the day.

The decay probably began with Sills Act of 1966, which regulated everything, BB guns and sling shots included.

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I would actually like to see this gun go on sale somewhere. I think that it may finally mobilize New Jerseyians into fighting for our rights.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I would actually like to see this gun go on sale somewhere. I think that it may finally mobilize New Jerseyians into fighting for our rights.

Won't happen. Most of us will just move across the Delaware.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I really really want to get my hands on one of these "smart guns". I want to hack it and remotely disable it, I bet it can be done.

-Jim

Supposedly the manufacturer has already patented the jamming mechanism.

Kingjamez, if you do hack it, you'll get sued for patent infringement.

Jim, I bet that disabling the guns would be child's play... The watch and the gun communicate using RF transmissions... and probably using a really low-powered signal. Building a disabling device would likely be as simple as determining the transmission frequency, tailoring a standard jamming circuit to the task, and testing to see the power-output needed.

TB, I highly doubt that you can patent a simple circuit that's been in common use for over 50 years. That said, it would be illegal, of course... violating several FCC rules.

Even it the device was patented, thinking that (or criminal penalties) would be an impediment to a criminal is, of course, patently silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom