• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    I use PMC, WWB and Remington .45. I can usually pick up a few boxes at Bass Pro and 1 box at Dicks here and there. I have been looking for bulk brass .45 as well. I don't shoot steel through my .45's, just my personal preference.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    As mentioned the 1911 was built for the 230 grain FMJ ball round. Others have lent thier experience respective to reliable ammuntion. What you'll notice is a bullet profile which has effective overall length as the ball round will help reliability. This leaves the 200 grain SWC, round nose and greater weight bullets. This is because the forward bullet contact points of the bullet feeding up the feedramp then from the feedramp into the chamber coincides with ball round.

Due to the short effective OAL, the 185 grain SWC or shorter Match 185 grain bullets can be very magazine sensitive relative due to the release point of the magazine feedlips on the rim of the cartridge.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The newer (to us older people) stepped magazine lips go a long way to help feed shorter bullets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom