Is this a sign of things to come here in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldLawman

Oct 18, 2011
    Catonsville
    As of last week, the MSP had over 47,000 sets of paperwork.

Who says we don't have gun control ?!?

By my calculations, and based on the current and new law, a non-designated collector will be able to buy 2 to 3 guns (or at least have the paperwork submitted) before Oct. 1.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I already called Pikesville and asked the MSP when they were going to start accepting applications for HQL. I want to get mine in as soon as possible so that I will have one as soon as SB281 goes into affect. The trooper said that they are too busy processing handgun applications and will not even look into this subject until October 1.

The Maryland State Police is basically banning all sales of handguns in the State of Maryland come October 1.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Lawyers.png

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    It might only be productive in gettting more resources allocated, but I think that the second that MSP forms are available around October, we should overwhelm the system, even if not planning on getting another pistol in the near term.

Of course, this would come as a detriment to those actually trying to buy a handgun.

Good idea? Bad idea?

rizeld

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    It might only be productive in gettting more resources allocated, but I think that the second that MSP forms are available around October, we should overwhelm the system, even if not planning on getting another pistol in the near term.

Of course, this would come as a detriment to those actually trying to buy a handgun.

Good idea? Bad idea?

the system is already overwhelmed. I think it's good and bad. But it's going to happen anyway

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Forbidden fruit syndrome. As leftist politicians try harder and harder to strip away our 2A right, more and more people are waking up from their daze and opting to exercise that right for the first time. Firearms ownership is headed for the moon in coming years. It's the law of unintended consequences in full effect.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I already called Pikesville and asked the MSP when they were going to start accepting applications for HQL. I want to get mine in as soon as possible so that I will have one as soon as SB281 goes into affect. The trooper said that they are too busy processing handgun applications and will not even look into this subject until October 1.

The Maryland State Police General Assembly is basically banning all sales of handguns in the State of Maryland come October 1.

Fixed it... MSP can only do what their masters tell them, and fund them for.

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    At this point MD is actively violating our 2A rights and is wide open for a huge lawsuit

Potentially, yes. But since FFLs are releasing later at their own discretion, does any gun buyer have standing to sue Maryland?

(Yes, I know they're doing it in part because MSP asked them to, but it seems that will, at least in the short term, insulate the state from a lawsuit. It certainly has so far.)

To all those waiting, VP Biden advises: "Get a shotgun! Get a shotgun..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom