• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db737

Feb 24, 2013
    Gaithersburg
    Was looking at 12 Gauge Mossberg 590A1 at the local gun shop. It's a model 51414 with a fluted barrel, LPA trigger, and has a bead front sight. It's also got a 6- shot capacity. Anybody have experience with this one? It would be primarily for home defense. Thanks for the input!

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    The 590A1 is a great choice for home defense. I can't comment on this exact model with the LPA trigger and the fluted barrel, but I will advise that you find a mossberg with the ghost ring sights and compare it to the bead sights that this model has. I prefer the ghost rings for home defense, it's so easy to get on target rapidly. Also easy to stay lined up while running clearing drills. Just can't say enough good about their ghost ring sights for home defense.

Don't take my opinion though, see if you can find another mossberg model to physically compare this one to, and you'll know immediately what's best for you. Any of the 590a1 models are a good choice, choosing the exact one out of the 590a1 line up was the hardest part for me.

I'm curious to hear if anyone has any experience with the LPA trigger and fluted barrel, they sound like great options to have.

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    I have a 590A1 9 shot 20" barrel, I will take the extra 1.5" for 3 more rounds. It had a Houges 12"LOP stock and bead sight. I prefer the bead for HD, as I find it quick to get on target. You really can't go wrong with either, it's personal taste.
    Which ever one you get just remember to put lots of round down range.

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    DSC_0969.jpg

This is my 500, it is setup the same way as my 590.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom