• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I learned from another thread that Poly80 offers serialized frames:

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...ialized-frame-for-glock-17-22-prod115784.aspx

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...d-frame-for-glock-19-23-prod115783.aspx?dym=y

I asked if anyone knew if they had been submitted to the roster, but the thread went a little sideways and I stopped holding my breath for an answer. Soo....

Has anyone started the process of getting these approved? (I would be primarily interested in the 17, but a 19 would be good too...might as well :shrug:). My LGS said he could do it, but I figure if someone else has already started we could just sit back and wait:D

I'm assuming it would have to be assembled into a complete, functional firearm to be submitted, right?

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    Do you mind if I ask why you would want to do that?

Why, to guarantee that ONLY numbered-and-papered P80’s could be possessed in Maryland, silly!

(Do you *really* think everyone who posts here is pro gun rights ?)

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Submit the form to the MSP and see how it goes. The guy handling submissions at the moment seems helpful.

I do think it's silly to jump through the paperwork hoops when building a kit by yourself isn't all that hard.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Why, to guarantee that ONLY numbered-and-papered P80’s could be possessed in Maryland, silly!

(Do you *really* think everyone who posts here is pro gun rights ?)

You got me. :o That was my plan all along. I really thought I could infiltrate this group a little further before someone caught on, but I guess my red shirt is showing.:rolleyes:

:tdown:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Submit the form to the MSP and see how it goes. The guy handling submissions at the moment seems helpful.

I do think it's silly to jump through the paperwork hoops when building a kit by yourself isn't all that hard.

I agree it isn't hard, and it probably is a little silly...but it's for peace of mind, not ease of assembly.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    This sounds like when people kept asking the ATF if a pistol brace could be shouldered.

If a cop wants to make life difficult they already have enough discretionary authority to do so.

If you are forced to use a gun in a self defense situation, life is probably going to suck for awhile whether the gun is on the roster or it's a legal 80% build.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Huh .

I had been hoping for an answer along the lines of " I really like the design of the Poly 80 brand frame better than the factory Glock frames , but I want to be assured of factory correct dimensional specs w/o trusting to my neophyte machinist skills " .

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    wouldnt it just be considered "other", the same as an ar lower? wouldnt think it needs to go through the handgun roster if its just a frame?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's an interesting question, that seems to be applied inconsistently . FWIW , there are several aftermarket pistol frames on the Roster, including some for Glock .

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It isn't 80%. It appears you still have to put the parts it, but it's drilled and milled...so it would have to go through an FFL

Ummm, NO...The serialized Polymer80 frames are NOT drilled and milled. They are the same as a none serialized polymer80 with the exception that there is a number on serial plate on the underside of the frame, nothing more.

So, NO, the serialized polymer80 DOES NOT need to go through an FFL, because it is still an 80%.

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    If the State ever “asks” you to turn in your Poly 80, you can be sure that factory Glocks are next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    That's an interesting question, that seems to be applied inconsistently . FWIW , there are several aftermarket pistol frames on the Roster, including some for Glock .
    That's what this is, it just happens to be manufactured by Polymer80

Ummm, NO...The serialized Polymer80 frames are NOT drilled and milled. They are the same as a none serialized polymer80 with the exception that there is a number on serial plate on the underside of the frame, nothing more.

So, NO, the serialized polymer80 DOES NOT need to go through an FFL, because it is still an 80%.
    The description says FFL, and the pictures sure look drilled and milled to me :shrug:

If the State ever “asks” you to turn in your Poly 80, you can be sure that factory Glocks are next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm sure factory Glocks are indeed on their big wish list. There weren't on SB882 or HB740 this year, but I'm pretty sure those bills will be back next session. I'm not optimistic that they can be held off much longer unless something big changes...this is, after all, Maryland:sad20:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Some places are finishing them out, serializing and then selling them now. Don't ask me why.......

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom