• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    This is one of the few times when the Oaks show and the Chantilly show fall on the same weekend. My experience over the past decade taught me that many of the same vendors attend both shows, so they either pick one or the other, or split their offerings and personnel.

Me? I'm going to go to the Oaks' March Extravaganza show, which features 2,000 tables. It's their biggest show of the year.

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    Went and left early. These shows are going down hill,too many junk tables and admission went up again!!! another once a year visit like Chantilly. I'm sticking with the smaller ma & pa shows.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Went and left early. These shows are going down hill,too many junk tables and admission went up again!!! another once a year visit like Chantilly. I'm sticking with the smaller ma & pa shows.

I was looking for something in particular so I went to Chantilly (it's closer for me) and as expected, I saw fewer vendors because Oaks and Chantilly split some of the vendors between them, and some of the audience as well.

There seems to be little point to attending a show when there are other shows nearby.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Why would the three biggest shows in the area all schedule the same weekend?

That appears to be the question.

In a similar vein regarding the importance of scheduling and how it can be done, about 30 years ago, I recall that representatives of major environmental and general public interest advocacy organizations, like Greenpeace, Environmental Defense Fund, U.S. PIRG, Clean Water Action, and others, would meet quarterly.

They met in order to schedule all of their door-to-door fundraising campaigns to make sure one group wouldn't try to raise funds in a neighborhood too soon after another group had just gone through. If a resident gets hit up for cash three times in a month, they suffer "donor fatigue" and stop giving to the groups coming along too close behind. If the door knocks are well spaced out over the year, a donor is more likely to give to all groups as they come around.

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    That appears to be the question.

In a similar vein regarding the importance of scheduling and how it can be done, about 30 years ago, I recall that representatives of major environmental and general public interest advocacy organizations, like Greenpeace, Environmental Defense Fund, U.S. PIRG, Clean Water Action, and others, would meet quarterly.

They met in order to schedule all of their door-to-door fundraising campaigns to make sure one group wouldn't try to raise funds in a neighborhood too soon after another group had just gone through. If a resident gets hit up for cash three times in a month, they suffer "donor fatigue" and stop giving to the groups coming along too close behind. If the door knocks are well spaced out over the year, a donor is more likely to give to all groups as they come around.

GREED

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I see there is another Oaks show March 22-23 weekend. I went once and wasn't impressed but then heard the Oaks shows vary in size. Does anyone know if this coming show is worth the trip ? Is it one of the "bigger ones" ? I did not see table count listed on Website.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I see there is another Oaks show March 22-23 weekend. I went once and wasn't impressed but then heard the Oaks shows vary in size. Does anyone know if this coming show is worth the trip ? Is it one of the "bigger ones" ? I did not see table count listed on Website.

It’s the big one. Advertised as 2000 tables. I’ve never made the trip though. I’m not sure what you were looking at but here’s the link to the promoter’s website showing the details.

http://www.eaglearmsgunshows.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom