• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I paid 50 bucks to have sights installed and waited a week.

40 bucks and 5 days seems great.

Where at? Need some Glock sights installed?

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    That ain't no lie. I understand money can be tight but there is a difference between money being tight and being a tight ass. If I can't do it myself and can't afford to pay someone to do it right, I don't start the project.

This. Engage has put sights on more than a few Glocks for me. ~ $40 or less and about half an hour. I truly love and appreciate everything Engage (Andy and Nate) has done for me.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    You could always buy the Glock rear sight pusher yourself, for about 125.00, a Glock front sight tool for another 10.00 and then a drop of locktitie for good measure.... Then you save the other 40.00...and I'm sure the front site wouldn't come flying off!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hell, I bought a short reset trigger from an IP and paid $35 for them to install it right in front of my face. Must have taken all of three minutes. No heartache here. It was done properly and without any effort on my part.
    Would happily do it again.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I was once told after being charged $25 bucks for a gunsmith to turn a screw. I wasn't paying him for turning the screw, I was paying for knowing what screw to turn.

I was happy to pay it....

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Hmm, lot of love here...

Sometimes this place requires you to have thick skin.

It's also all about the approach. He easily could have asked if that was a reasonable price and time frame for the work. Then asked for recommendations of places to go to have the work done if he thought the initial estimate was unfair.

Coming in here with an attitude that a shop is "stupid" for charging for their services is not a way to win friends and influence people.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Maybe the OP is entitled to someone else's time, and labor and we just don't understand.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was once told after being charged $25 bucks for a gunsmith to turn a screw. I wasn't paying him for turning the screw, I was paying for knowing what screw to turn.

I was happy to pay it....

Correct! Also not buggering up the screw is just as important.

Nothing says amateur like messing up screw slots or leaving vise/tool marks on a gun.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    What ever happened to taking care of the person who is taking care of you? Establishing a good relationship with a business?
    I would take a gun or rife or whatever to an establishment I have a good relationship with. Buy the damn sights there and have them put them on. On top of that I will tip the guy who put them on. If they wouldn't take the money, I would at least offer to buy the guys lunch. To me there is nothing wrong with that, but maybe that's just me and I'm different. Bottom line , you spend less money online, a little but more in the store (probably the amount you would pay in shipping), the store normally offers to put them on for free. You save 35 dollars.

Jesus. Some people just say some dumb $hit on the Internet and expect people will back them up. News flash buddy, not everyones views is the consumer vs the shop. People pay for good work. Personally. Right now if I was you, you send those night sights back to the company and go support your local business. You may pay a little bit more but costumer service and taking care of those who take care of you will go farther.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    My night sights are 13+ years old. Finally ordered a new set. Just need to replace them. It's a five minute job, but I called a certain place that said I need to drop off my gun and it's a five day wait, and since I didn't buy the sights from them I have to pay $20 to remove my old ones and $20 to install the new ones.

Where else can I go that isn't that stupid?

When people ask me about computer stuff, I quote them my hourly rate, $350 per hour, with a four hour minimum paid upfront. Some are incredulous and I tell them you don't work for free and I didn't work for free either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom