Ecuadorian "immigrant" (illegal?) caught with 6 guns in NJ, gets probation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    http://cliffviewpilot.com/texas-man-caught-with-six-guns-in-edgewater-gets-probation/

Jersey "justice" baffles me sometimes.

They so wanted to make an example of Shaneen Allen, a single mother and a US citizen yet this guy was caught with guns and caught selling drugs to undercover cops.

You know what's worse? They had sympathy on this s**tbag because he was the family's sole support... well golly gee wiz, why didn't they think the same for Shaneen Allen?

ICE has a detainer on him, which means he probably is an "undocumented worker." As a bonus since he was caught selling prescription drugs, does that mean that he's an unlicensed pharmacist too?

And btw, he lives in Texas, so it's not even like he could have accidentally stumbled here with the 6 guns...

New Jersey must be getting softer on gun laws as Christie starts his run for the White House! Especially after this case and the one where they let the mom off for carrying on 95 with a ccw license from her home state. LOL.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    ITT: Gun-right advocates complaining that someone who was caught having guns isn't getting punished hard enough

:facepalm:

Brian Atiken, a US citizen, brought guns from Colorado and was given 7 years in jail.

That woman who accidently carried concealed in NJ was almost railroaded into jail as well.

I think we are more upset that an illegal immigrant was given better treatment than US citizens.

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    Brian Atiken, a US citizen, brought guns from Colorado and was given 7 years in jail.

That woman who accidently carried concealed in NJ was almost railroaded into jail as well.

I think we are more upset that an illegal immigrant was given better treatment than US citizens.

Understandable. But one ought to prefer that less people be punished for owning guns rather than more. I hope that's the case in this community.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Most of the forum regulars advocate that LEGAL gun owners be afforded all of the Constitutional freedoms of concealed and open carry, while believing illegal possession by criminals such as thieves and drug dealers, be punished appropriately.

Feb 28, 2013
    Precisely. And does "all men" refer only to United States citizens? Did the Creator only give rights to United States citizens? Does He dole out rights with special regard to on what side of imaginary lines men are born?

Quoth FoxNews's very own Judge Andrew Napolitano:

I don't agree with every word uttered on Fox news, especially the words of the judge you quoted. The last sentence is counterintuitive to me. The rule of law has to mean something, and in order for any country to maintain its' sovereignty, it MUST maintain control and securement of its' borders. Anything less is self-defeating.

Furthermore, in my opinion one must be a US citizen to subject to US law, or US protection. To extend such protections to non-citizens is absurd because of the slippery slope it will create. A line must be drawn somewhere.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    My best guess would be he had someone he could rat on since he is a real undocumented criminal and could cut a deal. On the other hand the poor lady was a honest citizen trying to follow crappie poorly written laws and the prosecutor needed to make an example of her to show that law abiding citizens will not be tolerated in NJ.

Winner. Sounds like you broke the code.

Criminals have nothing to fear from the law. Nothing.

Only good citizens with nothing to barter have to fear.

Its actually far worse than even cynics like us know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom