• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Probably downsizing the workforce to move completely out of state, but we must also consider whether or not Remington added production during the last year. If they did, it's beyond feasible that those workers are now being laid-off as the market returns to its equilibrium.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maybe it's that no one is buying their cr@ppy 22lr, or the R51. It's my impression that the company is not what it once was.

Since they market nationwide, I doubt the "Safe Act" is a major factor. Still, it's sad to see what little remains of NY's once viable, even excellent, firearms industry.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Good, hope they move all their work to a free state and let NY get buried in their racist communist laws.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Good, hope they move all their work to a free state and let NY get buried in their racist communist laws.

The sucky thing is the people this is impacting have no voice.

With the power NYC has, no one cares if some upstate hicks loose their jobs.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

While that is true, Cuomo is pinning his reelection on all the "good" that he is doing upstate. In fact his campaign is heavily focused on upstate. There has also been a blitz of ads promoting upstate NY, the whole "get outta town" ad campaign in the subway to promote upstate tourism.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Whatever the excuse--gun "control", "protect consumers" etc--the leftist majority there embraces every anti-business law and regulation proposed. No wonder they have a flat population and diminishing representation in Congress.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

They will when they stop shipping fresh food to the city. That's what happens when all the gun owners leave and take their food production with them..

If upstate wants to fight...they know what needs to be done..

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    I lived upstate for 28 years. I was registered democrap and my vote still meant nothing. The only solution to NY is leaving.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

That scenario sounds vaguely familiar

I lived upstate for 28 years. I was registered democrap and my vote still meant nothing. The only solution to NY is leaving.

But look where you ended up :lol2:
    a little further south or a little further north would have been a lot better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom