• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunup

Jun 17, 2010
    Towson, MD.
    I'm considering getting it, any thoughts? I would appreciate some feedback from current kahr owners.... Thank you in advance

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    I have a cm9. Love the gun. Trigger feels good. Are you looking for a pocket pistol or just a small carry gun?

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    I would go 9mm but that's just a personal preference. My brother in law got the 380 after shooting my 9. Can't go wrong with kahr.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Get the LCP. It is a better pistol and the customer service is off the charts better than Kahr.

I'm still waiting for a response to correspondence with Kahr from two months ago.

Ruger responded and fixed the issue free within three days of my sending them an e-mail.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've never fired the Kahr 380, but I've shot the LCP and others in this class of pocket gun. LCP is best in my limited experience, but its no fun shooting, none of these tiny guns are.

I'm a Kahr 9mm fan, until the XDs came out there was no equal for its size and quality. Now everyone is making a small (not tiny), flat (.9" or less), striker fired gun without a manual external safety. I've experienced excellent service from Kahr. I would try a few tiny 380's before buying. Also consider the Diamondback in .380, and 9mm. If you get the Kahr, I hope to shoot yours someday. :)

Last edited:

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    If you get the Kahr, please update or PM with your opinions/thoughts about it. I'm considering a CW9 and I'd like to hear what you think about the 380. Thanks...

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I have the Kahr P380 and the CM9 and love both for pocket carry (out of MD). The P380 and the CW380 are essentially the same except for the barrels (match grade on the P380), some MIM and of course the price. I have had zero issues with either of mine. These are pocket guns, so of course they are going to be snappy. But they are for defensive carry, not for shooting hundreds of rounds at a time for target practice. I considered the LCP, but the quality of the Kahrs just seemed so much better made. I have had no reason to use their customer service so can't comment on how good or bad it is.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    They did a review of the Kahr 380 on Guns and Ammo a week or so ago. they liked it, has a 6 round mag, but said the trigger is nice. I went with the LC380 from Ruger same frame as the LC9 but chambered in slightly smaller 380, it's a really nice deep concealment choice and it's mag has a finger rest and 7 round instead of 6. My only gripe is that I think Ruger should have included 2 mags instead of 1 with the gun when purchased brand new. It's very accurate, real nice trigger and dead on reliable.

gun papa

Dec 24, 2010
    Northern Nevada
    I have the CW380. I have put 160rds through her. She has gobbled up every type of bullet I could find. I have to disagree with the recoil assessment. This IS a gun you can shoot all day and enjoy. It is NOT a painful blowback 380. One of my favorite guns.

JoshA

Jul 26, 2013
    Severna Park
    I have the Kahr P380. It is IMO the best pocket pistol ever made. Mine has been completely reliable through hundreds of rounds (mostly S&B). It shoots more like a tricked out race gun than a pocket gun, recoil is slight and it tracks straight up. Accuracy is phenomenal for such a small gun.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I love my PM9! I wish I had saved some cash and bought a CW9. Unfortunately I needed a pocket pistol on the quick and my LGS had nearly empty display cases.

Sent from the best phone ever made

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    The cw380 is small for my gorilla hands. I picked up a CW9 from 2A Sales, love this thing, very accurate reliable and thin. The trigger reminds me of a revolver, long consistent pull and a clean break. 300 rounds of mixed ammo down the pipe with no issues.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My wife picked up a CM40 just before October last year.

Nice little gun. Not something you will take to the range for fun, but not that bad to shoot. No problems so far, about 100 rounds through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom