• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    What a shame, someone shouldnt have to die for something so stupid.

And in a movie theater nonetheless.

Bad news, I hope the victim has found peace.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

F8L_Funnel

Jan 28, 2013
    That's vary sad to hear. This is probably the scenario the movie theater in Aurura, CO was think of when they banned guns in the their complex.

So many things could have adverted this:
    1. there were only 26 people in the theater, CHANGE seats!

2. if it really was getting loud and out of control, and there seems to be a fair amount of time, the off-duty sheriff's dep. that was in the theater should have stepped in and suggested #1. ( yes I know things can happen in a matter of seconds), I'm just saying

3. when the shooter went to complain, the theater should have sent an usher back with him to address the situation... and suggest #1 or ask the vic to step out to finish his text for the courtesy of the other viewers.

Of course none of this takes into account what was actually said back and forth. Still, a shame.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    It shows the power that some LEOs feel they have and when they are not obeyed when they feel they should be then they don't like it. Mind you I said some and not all. Still this is much more excessive than one would ever expect. I wonder if the retired cop has cancer or something and he figured he's got nothing to loose by showing that guy who's in charge.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    To quickly let something so silly get under his skin makes me question his LEO experience. Tough skin is part of the job.

When I first saw this being reported today, I just couldn't believe it.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    That's vary sad to hear. This is probably the scenario the movie theater in Aurura, CO was think of when they banned guns in the their complex.

So many things could have adverted this:
    1. there were only 26 people in the theater, CHANGE seats!

2. if it really was getting loud and out of control, and there seems to be a fair amount of time, the off-duty sheriff's dep. that was in the theater should have stepped in and suggested #1. ( yes I know things can happen in a matter of seconds), I'm just saying

3. when the shooter went to complain, the theater should have sent an usher back with him to address the situation... and suggest #1 or ask the vic to step out to finish his text for the courtesy of the other viewers.

Of course none of this takes into account what was actually said back and forth. Still, a shame.

This theater did ban guns. It's another fake "gun free zone."

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    My prayers go out to the vic family in a time like this. Nothing personal to the law enforcement community but some law enforcment and some elected officals (WILL ALWAYS BE RIGHT) and law abiding citizens will always be in the wrong when it comes to anything firearm related. Just look at some of the recent and past related shooting news articles. Should we have more tougher selection process when it comes to someone wanting to be a law enforcement officer, not everybody has the mental and physical capacity for that type of career.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    My prayers go out to the vic family in a time like this. Nothing personal to the law enforcement community but some law enforcment and some elected officals (WILL ALWAYS BE RIGHT) and law abiding citizens will always be in the wrong when it comes to anything firearm related. Just look at some of the recent and past related shooting news articles. Should we have more tougher selection process when it comes to someone wanting to be a law enforcement officer, not everybody has the mental and physical capacity for that type of career.

What are the mental requirements for a county officer in the state of Maryland? What about a Maryland trooper?

Crazy thing is, a lot of LEO's make close to, if not more than, six figures. Granted, it really sucks to deal with the criminal element every day at work. I have a hard enough time stomaching it the few times I am in criminal court a year.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I was working in Brooksville Florida back in July. Two exits north of this theater. It's a real nice area and a nice movie house. They offer dinner and a movie up stairs and self service buttered popcorn and drinks. You can put as much butter on your popcorn as your arteries can handle. My girlfriend and I attended about five movies while I was there on TDY. A few years ago I stopped in Pine Bluff Arkansas and the guy riding with me went to the movies at the ghetto mall. A gun fight broke out there over the same thing. Some people have no respect when it comes to using their cell phones. I don't agree with the gun play.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I was working in Brooksville Florida back in July. Two exits north of this theater. It's a real nice area and a nice movie house. They offer dinner and a movie up stairs and self service buttered popcorn and drinks. You can put as much butter on your popcorn as your arteries can handle. My girlfriend and I attended about five movies while I was there on TDY. A few years ago I stopped in Pine Bluff Arkansas and the guy riding with me went to the movies at the ghetto mall. A gun fight broke out there over the same thing. Some people have no respect when it comes to using their cell phones. I don't agree with the gun play.

Some people have no respect for human life. JESUS. To shoot a person over texting during the previews is insane. I took a couple pics of my son over the summer when he and I went to see Despicable Me 2. It was our first father/son movie together and he was excited as hell. Glad nobody shot me for doing so. It really is getting to the point where it isn't safe to leave the house. Heck, with no knock warrants on bad information, it isn't safe to stay home either. lol

I think this board depresses me every night and makes me hug my kids ever so much more every morning.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    It shows the power that some LEOs feel they have and when they are not obeyed when they feel they should be then they don't like it. Mind you I said some and not all. Still this is much more excessive than one would ever expect. I wonder if the retired cop has cancer or something and he figured he's got nothing to loose by showing that guy who's in charge.

Ever think maybe he developed mental illness and was batshit crazy? It happens in all walks of life.

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009
    The fact that he was a retired police officer really has nothing to do with it. There are good and bad people in every profession. This guy was simply a complete douchebag.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Just sickening. That story reads like a wet-dream for the gun grabbers.

Probably not a wet dream since many grabbers seem to think LEOs should be the only ones carrying. Anti gun states like NJ make exemptions so retired LEOs don't have to prove "need" in order to get a permit.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I don't read this the same as most. I see someone asking a rude individual to behave a bit more respectfully. Then it excalates to a gun fight. N0 details were given about what was said or what was threatened. It is possible that this was legitimate self defense. Too bad we'll never know the disposition of this case. Once the anti-gun shine has worn off, it's not worth reporting.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Horrible.
    The story states he was texting with his 3 year old during previews. How the hell does that even remotely disturb anyone to any extent, let alone cold blooded murder?
    I hope the shooter winds up suffering in general population for this. Pure evil.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I don't read this the same as most. I see someone asking a rude individual to behave a bit more respectfully. Then it excalates to a gun fight. N0 details were given about what was said or what was threatened. It is possible that this was legitimate self defense. Too bad we'll never know the disposition of this case. Once the anti-gun shine has worn off, it's not worth reporting.

gun·fight noun \-ˌfīt\ : a fight in which people shoot guns at each other

Sounds to me like someone is missing a gun. Never bring an Iphone to a "gun fight". :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom