• ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Stock is the same, just the barrel cal is different. Should be GTG

I heard otherwise. ATI wont work on the .40 carbine. Try researching on the hipointfirearmsforum.com . The ATI stock looks 100% better , but its 200% heavier too.

Jettster

May 18, 2008
    It's true, the ATI stock only fits on the 9mm. HiPoint has been working on and showing pics of a new stock, which looks better than the "Planet of the Apes" stock they currently use. I put my 995 into an ATI stock and upgraded the charging handle and trigger, added a barrel shroud and a full length top rail. This photo was before the new trigger and top rail with red dot. It's very much like a cheap beater car that you either put in a booming stereo system, or the cheap ricer that you soop up and add alot of aftermarket parts. Either way, it's an accurate, fun, and cheap carbine to tool around with.

DSC_0074.jpg

RingKnocker48

Feb 5, 2009
    Land of the Hons
    Just to add my 2 cents... A few weeks ago a friend and I went to the range and put about 200 rounds through the 9mm carbine. Easy shooting and no jams. Very ugly but for $200 you just can't complain. The only negative I know about them is they are not the most easy rifle to field strip and clean.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I have the 995 with the ATI stock and absolutely love it. Bolted a cheap Red Dot on it and can shoot ragged holes at 50 yards all day long. Saw one at Chantilly that had an AR type stock on it that looked cool as all get out but was on the way out the door and didn't have time to look at it.

Furthermore, their Customer Service is exceptional. I had a problem with mine stove-piping and tore it apart and diagnosed it as a weak extractor spring. Called em up and told em I could do the repairs myself and they shipped a new spring as well as extractors and pin in that day's mail. I also bent the firing pin....called em up...new one in 3 days. There are stories that if you can't do the repairs yourself, send it to them, they will fix it quickly and send it back with a couple new magazines for your trouble.

They are a little strange to get used to when cleaning, but do it a few times and it gets pretty easy. Pretty simple actually. I also use grease instead of oil on alot of the metal to metal parts and it seems to work better. Plan on getting some Militec-1 and trying that to see that works better than the grease.

Buy one, have fun....

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I might have to look into one of these. Though I've been wanting an SKS, it appears I'm not sacrificing more than looks (don't really care) and skull cracking ability (kinda care) with the HiPoint.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I might have to look into one of these. Though I've been wanting an SKS, it appears I'm not sacrificing more than looks (don't really care) and skull cracking ability (kinda care) with the HiPoint.

I'd get the SKS first. It's by far a better quality firearm and they are getting more and more expensive.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I know how you feel but honestly right now it's a fantastic deal. Besides they are never going to get any cheaper.

I have to disagree with you here. I believe that once people stop freaking out and buying every semi-auto rifle they can find, prices will come down. $300 Yugos aren't as silly as $1k AK's, but it's still expensive. I think this bubble will burst. Of course as long as Mastercard will extend somebody's credit line, it may not burst for a long time.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Ar's and Ak's for sure will come back to reality if no new legislation comes down the pipe. Sks' I believe are just starting to settle in to where they belong. Somewhere in the 300-500$ range depending on origin and condition. I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Their so ugly, they should only be used at night, or where others can't see...

I guess that's why they're a black rifle;)

but is dependable as heck, keeps shooting anything fed to it:party29:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    My 9mm toys.

Beretta Storm on top, Hi-Point 995 in ATI stock below.

Both fun plinkers. I've been toying with getting both barrels taped and picking up a muffler for these guys. With 147 grain subsonics, it would be a blast.

Attachments

• ATI Stocked 995 and Storm.jpg
      ATI Stocked 995 and Storm.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads