• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Correct. This is where we need answers. Are they working on either killing the filibuster or working on a larger bill that includes reciprocity but also CAN get 60 votes to pass?
    All of these news articles that say the bill is "working it's way through congress" and getting co-sponsors are pure smoke. It means nothing.

These are the laws we need:

- Full reciprocity to any state's permit that includes a training with live fire requirement. I know a lot of you disagree on this (and I'm not convinced it's super effective), but I think stripping the left of their "It'll allow untrained people to carry guns in..." argument is a good thing. There are enough states with easy to obtain non-resident permits that qualify.

- Full federal preemption of all state and local laws that regulate any gun or ammunition type not prohibited by federal law

- A statute that clarifies that police may not detain anyone without probable cause that a person is violating the law, along with attorneys' fees and damages if a detention is later found to be defective

- Repeal of the 1968 GCA provisions prohibiting handgun sales out of state. They serve absolutely zero purpose today, other than to provide profits to FFL transfer agents

- Repeal the Hughes Amendment

All of these need to be packaged together, because the left will whine either way.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    These are the laws we need:

- Full reciprocity to any state's permit that includes a training with live fire requirement. I know a lot of you disagree on this (and I'm not convinced it's super effective), but I think stripping the left of their "It'll allow untrained people to carry guns in..." argument is a good thing. There are enough states with easy to obtain non-resident permits that qualify.

- Full federal preemption of all state and local laws that regulate any gun or ammunition type not prohibited by federal law

- A statute that clarifies that police may not detain anyone without probable cause that a person is violating the law, along with attorneys' fees and damages if a detention is later found to be defective

- Repeal of the 1968 GCA provisions prohibiting handgun sales out of state. They serve absolutely zero purpose today, other than to provide profits to FFL transfer agents

- Repeal the Hughes Amendment

All of these need to be packaged together, because the left will whine either way.

The problem with the training requirement is then it creates a scenario where certain permits are good and some are not (and this can change). The courts will allow all sorts of detentions, like in the Revell case, because police aren't required to know gun laws of other states.
    It has to be all or nothing IMO.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Perhaps fake Rep. Norton needs to review her Constitutional law class she supposedly took in low school.

Read it and weep there Ms Whiner.

ARTICLE I

Attachments

• art1-1.jpg
      art1-1.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 290
    • art1-2.jpg
      art1-2.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 297
    • art1-3.jpg
      art1-3.jpg
      70.7 KB · Views: 292
    • art 1-4.jpg
      art 1-4.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 289
    Last edited:

silentdynasty

Apr 7, 2017
    MoCo
    Rep. Norton have no idea what she is talking about, she is mad because DC doesn't have any say when it comes to votes so she need to have a seat and zip it.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Rep. Norton have no idea what she is talking about, she is mad because DC doesn't have any say when it comes to votes so she need to have a seat and zip it.

But that would go against her nature and the nature of the dc gov... if she did that.... the dc gov wants nothing but total control of the people of dc and screw their rights is how they think.... they know they cant keep the fed leo from caring in dc so they think their is enough guns in dc already to protect the people of dc except they forget or worse yet dont know that the SCOTUS has said in a ruling you are responsible for your own safety not the police

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The problem with the training requirement is then it creates a scenario where certain permits are good and some are not (and this can change). The courts will allow all sorts of detentions, like in the Revell case, because police aren't required to know gun laws of other states.
    It has to be all or nothing IMO.

That's what I meant when I said the police must have probable cause that you are not in compliance. In other words, they have to have probable cause that you are carrying illegally, not just NOT know that you are in compliance.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    oh ok, gotcha. guess we'll wait and see when it's posted

Seems silly to write something new.

They should just push through existing National Reciprocity bills, or if they want to stay constrained in scope to the District, move forward Rubio's bill and its House companion gutting DC's gun laws.

I hate to be a pessimist, but all this extra bill writing and bloviating leads me to believe this will be another "see, we care about your 2A rights" moment.... Hell, if they really cared about Congresscritters and others being able to carry in the District, they could have (with a simple majority) just blocked DC's new G&S statutes from becoming law years ago, immediately post-Palmer.

Last edited:

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Seems silly to write something new.

They should just push through existing National Reciprocity bills, or if they want to stay constrained in scope to the District, move forward Rubio's bill and its House companion gutting DC's gun laws.

I hate to be a pessimist, but all this extra bill writing and bloviating leads me to believe this will be another "see, we care about your 2A rights" moment.... Hell, if they really cared about Congresscritters and others being able to carry in the District, they could have (with a simple majority) just blocked DC's new G&S statutes from becoming law years ago, immediately post-Palmer.

Exactly. This may be our last opportunity to have full control over the federal government for the remainder of America. It's time to act now, not to write new bills. Pass the friggin reciprocity bill and be done with it.

Catmj

Nov 6, 2015
    Baltimore County
    I think most of us in MD are screwed regardless. The compromise to get the necessary votes will be "resident" permits only that will receive national reciprocity, and those of us in non-free states with our non-resident permits will be SOL. JMO

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I think most of us in MD are screwed regardless. The compromise to get the necessary votes will be "resident" permits only that will receive national reciprocity, and those of us in non-free states with our non-resident permits will be SOL. JMO

I don't think that'll be the compromise, I think it's more likely to exclude your own state of residence (so you'll still be able to use your out of state permit in every state BUT Maryland).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Requiring a permit from your home state is better than not offering any reciprocity at all. Would allow millions to carry there (and deal with all the local law headaches) every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom