• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know where i will be if things get real bad , i would want a support crew if things turn violent . If it is just a shut down without the violence then i don't need the company ....LOL

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I can't tell you how many times I have made the exact statement. They chuckle and I clarify that I'm serious.

Exactly. They don't believe I'm serious, and I am deadly serious. Not even family members. I've been telling people for years to have at least SOMETHING stocked. Fvck 'em. The other plus is being 4 hours away. That kind of dissuades them too.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Exactly. They don't believe I'm serious, and I am deadly serious. Not even family members. I've been telling people for years to have at least SOMETHING stocked. Fvck 'em. The other plus is being 4 hours away. That kind of dissuades them too.

Yep. I’m looking out for the wife and kids here. Although I did stash a few months’ of freeze dried food in my dad’s barn (climate controlled). I did it a few years ago and never told them about it until his year when the shortages originally stated.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yep. I’m looking out for the wife and kids here. Although I did stash a few months’ of freeze dried food in my dad’s barn (climate controlled). I did it a few years ago and never told them about it until his year when the shortages originally stated.

We're all probably regurgitating stuff in the prepper thread. But I have maybe 2 months of Mountainhouse freeze dried for my "end of food/life" survival food.

People keep saying to me " I'm coming to your house." I'm like " No you're not". They just laugh and I don't.

I can't tell you how many times I have made the exact statement. They chuckle and I clarify that I'm serious.

We spent a lot of time, effort and money to be prepared. What makes these fuchs think they are entitled to our stuff? Sadly, there are way too many of them.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I have a whole pig being processed and another 1/4 of steer coming.
    Been stocking up on TP and Toilet paper why it is easy again.

Plan to backfill with other random things but usually I have already tried to keep a decent supply.

where can you get such large quantities? I think it was talked about on here a while back

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Another putting up some extra stock. I suspect we will see some "too many people stocking up" shortages in the near term. Then a lot will depend on how the election goes. If Biden wins you will be happy with everything you bought while you still had money and you should shift to anything you can get that is firearm related. I have never seen the depth of the Out Of Stock notices on gun related vendors (bullet moulds are sold out) so people are buying up everything and a Democrap win will just make it worse.

If Trump wins big or the results are really messy, lots of obvious cheating and counts challenged in courts, then expect civil unrest to disrupt normal distribution channels. And if things go south in a big way with liberals going off the deep end and causing physical violence and/or conservative backlash we could be in a civil war before Christmas.

So any additional supplies will be welcome and could be urgently needed.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    steve's 1911 - listen to me -
    and we now have way more chickens then we had.

we had the same thing - lots of old hens -
    the chicken cacciatore recipe from the 'Joy of Cooking' is a go - to recipe for them old birds....
    I'd slow stew them for 3 hours or so..

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Well, around my neck of the woods,, "My Preferred" food they were out of was "Food".
    Meat and can goods were VERY scarce for a month or so.
    Not making that mistake again.

I mean, some items were missing from the grocery store at the beginning of the pandemic, but there wasn't an overall lack of food.

You may just have to live without your "preferred" foods for a bit.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ... What say you?

Brought two 6’ tall by 4’ wide steel shelving units home from SAM’s several months ago while wifey simultaneously initiated a 3-month rotating pantry of foods conducive to storage.

Information is power and a series of well timed articles forwarded her way, along with snapshot graphics like the attached (which I may have snagged off one of the threads here, iirc or, perhaps even upthread in this one!) helped nudge her out of complacency.

More than anything else, I’m convinced graphics like the attached serve to take away much of the “overwhelming-ness” of even embarking on the prepping path. (We’d always kept a pantry of many weeks worth of foods but, nothing like at present.)

Once she sets her mind to something, stand back; just regret it’s taken as many years as it has but, just add her wokensss to the long list of stuff I have to thank the Leftards for their utter stupidity in cities across the US this past year!

Attachments

• E618BEB6-47A8-4F29-87BC-EE3D5B85894D.jpg
      E618BEB6-47A8-4F29-87BC-EE3D5B85894D.jpg
      67.8 KB · Views: 295

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Yup,
    We have 3 months stock to "live Normal"
    Another 3 months of real food to "Just get by"
    Then the final layer of freeze dried mountain house for "I wanna live for another week or 2"

I should probably think about some Mountain House (or something), for a backup-backup....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom