• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Before the Election Infection hit I had an inkling that there might be a run on the stores. For several months before it hit I stocked up my pantry, freezers, etc. it’s food I normally use so I’ve been working it down.

After speaking to several forum members it seems like others feel it might get rocky again between November and January, if not longer.

What say you?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I'm gonna try to shoot an extra deer or two. We still have too much crap on the shelves from March.

Mr H

Banana'd

Attachments

• tdh-beef.jpg
      tdh-beef.jpg
      17.8 KB · Views: 944

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I too am hitting the stores and do about 150.00 week over our normal food buy . Don't forget TP folks .

I normally shop at Aldis. Their store brand ketchup and mayo is as close to Heinz and Hellman’s as I’ve found for 1/3 of the price.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    We have always kept a stockpile of can goods and things we could cycle through. The food shortages pushed us into raising a few cows though and we now have way more chickens then we had. I suspect ot may get bad again.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    I mean, some items were missing from the grocery store at the beginning of the pandemic, but there wasn't an overall lack of food.

You may just have to live without your "preferred" foods for a bit.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I mean, some items were missing from the grocery store at the beginning of the pandemic, but there wasn't an overall lack of food.

You may just have to live without your "preferred" foods for a bit.

I remember going and seeing the proteins (chicken/fish/meat) shelves empty. Prices skyrocketed and amounts were limited as well.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've added 2 more shelves this week. Getting another hog next month and 1/4 cow and a 3rd freezer. Maybe a fourth small freezer for a spare.
    I have 205 rolls of TP and 105 rolled of paper towels lol

dea12f4bd3a4b9949b37a760bfc706de.jpg
    0e5db7f9d31431ad2c9160c8535d3ebc.jpg

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    I have a whole pig being processed and another 1/4 of steer coming.
    Been stocking up on TP and Toilet paper why it is easy again.

Plan to backfill with other random things but usually I have already tried to keep a decent supply.

8 months ago, I was a "whack job doomsday prepper". In April and May, I was the guy people kept asking for stuff.
    I will be doing some more prep purchases over the next week or two. My advice is to stock up on stuff that doesn't expire or has a long shelf life. It is foolish to not have at least a few months supply of: TP, paper towels, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, Listerine, etc. The stuff doesn't expire and we saw what happened this past spring.
    Scripts, OTC meds, vitamins, etc. should be stocked up for at least 3 months.
    Food that can last a long time w/o a fridge/freezer is also a good thing. Protein (canned meat and nuts), fiber (dry beans) and carbs can be stored for years. Spices and seasonings can keep the flavors different enough that repetition doesn't get boring. (A can of cream of mushroom soup can change a pot of steamed rice significantly)
    This thread should be in the prepper forum.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I spent all summer gearing up. Put up around 200 jars from the garden, got my cow in the freezer (this is normal for us), extra shelves in the basement.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    People keep saying to me " I'm coming to your house." I'm like " No you're not". They just laugh and I don't.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I bought Spam for my son and he loves it fried , he has had his second can so far and it has been about a week and half when he first has it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom