• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    8 months ago, I was a "whack job doomsday prepper". In April and May, I was the guy people kept asking for stuff.
    I will be doing some more prep purchases over the next week or two. My advice is to stock up on stuff that doesn't expire or has a long shelf life. It is foolish to not have at least a few months supply of: TP, paper towels, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, Listerine, etc. The stuff doesn't expire and we saw what happened this past spring.
    Scripts, OTC meds, vitamins, etc. should be stocked up for at least 3 months.
    Food that can last a long time w/o a fridge/freezer is also a good thing. Protein (canned meat and nuts), fiber (dry beans) and carbs can be stored for years. Spices and seasonings can keep the flavors different enough that repetition doesn't get boring. (A can of cream of mushroom soup can change a pot of steamed rice significantly)
    This thread should be in the prepper forum.

Dude, I keep telling come over and kill some deer with me. Free organic, locally sourced meat.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    [Kev308];6072389 said:
    If you haven't already, you should install an emergency hand pump set up in line with your indoor pump system so you don't have to carry buckets of water outside in the dead of winter.

If utilities go out then I think we have waaaaay bigger problems than store shelves being restocked.
    This is on top of the well at the house but it's for show only. I need to get one that'll draw 50' or more I guess so I don't have to use a bucket and rope.

Attachments

• 20201018_123157.jpg
      20201018_123157.jpg
      230.7 KB · Views: 245

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Funniest thing is the have nots will ridicule all y’all now and if/when SHTF, THEN they will organize and DEMAND you share OR BETTER STILL they will organize ARMED COLLECTION.

Ha.

Being armed and trained goes hand in hand with prepping.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Been noticing that Richmond Wegmans is still limiting all cleaning supplies to total of two per visit. One of each items totaling two (one cleaning spray and one container wipes). Same with paper products. Maybe they know something we don’t?

Last edited:

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Been noticing that Richmond Wegmans is still limiting all cleaning supplies to total of two per visit. One of each items totaling two (one potatoes spray and one container wipes). Same with paper products. Maybe they know something we don’t?

Frederick Aldis is limiting paper towels to one pack per customer too

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    If utilities go out then I think we have waaaaay bigger problems than store shelves being restocked.
    This is on top of the well at the house but it's for show only. I need to get one that'll draw 50' or more I guess so I don't have to use a bucket and rope.
    If I had a well system it would be the 1st thing I would do. Mainly for power outages so we could drink and flush toilets.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don’t ya just think those Chinese bastards are sitting over there gleefully rubbing their hands together?

Husband your stores...

PS. How are you going to stay warm and dry and hydrated? I don’t really want to know but presuming the utility companies will continue to provide is planning to fail.

You know those "friends" that said they were coming over to my house when SHTF???.....

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Propane Gen runs the well, water heater, and 3 freezers.
    have 10 full 20# propane tanks for the grill.
    We heat with wood.

PS. How are you going to stay warm and dry and hydrated? I don’t really want to know but presuming the utility companies will continue to provide is planning to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom