• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    If I purchased a pistol safe direct from Fort Knox, I get a certificate valued at $1000 for a two-day defensive handgun course from Front Sight. This company has a training facility in Pleasantville PA near Titusville/Oil City areas.

Sounds to good to be true. Why would Fort Knox and Front Sight hook up and give away $1000 valued training?

https://www.ftknox.com/product/original-pistol-box-wfront-sight-training-certificate-included/

Know anything about Front Sight

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Pretty sure this is the Front Sight in Nevada. I have never been, but know others who have memberships there. I'm not sure what the hook is, but I know that they try to get you sell memberships for them. Kind of like a network marketing thing. I've heard good things about the training.

Hoons

May 15, 2019
    I had a coworker who took pistol classes there and had good experience. I'd like to take their shotgun and carbine courses

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I haven't been , but my understanding ( about the Nevada operation, presumably the Pa is similar ) is reasonably acceptable training . Their sticht is the ranges/ training is an inducement to get an audience for real estate pitch .

If you get a good promotional deal to attend, and you have a high threshold for sales pitches , then absolutely go for it and enjoy . If you were contemplating paying full retail list of $1k/ two days , there's plenty of other options that are better, or less costly or both .

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    I have taken several courses at Front Site in NV. Including pistol and shotgun. Excellent training, and you're 40 mile from Las Vegas, including all the cool attraction, like Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, and various state and national parks. They accept drop-shipment of ammo, so you can order a case and they will hold it for you. Highly recommended, and certificates can be had on the secondary market for free (as in this case) or very little $.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    If I purchased a pistol safe direct from Fort Knox, I get a certificate valued at $1000 for a two-day defensive handgun course from Front Sight. This company has a training facility in Pleasantville PA near Titusville/Oil City areas.

Sounds to good to be true. Why would Fort Knox and Front Sight hook up and give away $1000 valued training?

https://www.ftknox.com/product/original-pistol-box-wfront-sight-training-certificate-included/

Know anything about Front Sight

If you go to there website they give you a $2000 certificate for watching a video.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    Never been myself, but I understand that their training is great. That said, they're also the punch line of many jokes on various firearms forums, mostly related to their heavy-handed marketing.

-Rob

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    I have taken several courses at Front Site in NV. Including pistol and shotgun. Excellent training, and you're 40 mile from Las Vegas, including all the cool attraction, like Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, and various state and national parks. They accept drop-shipment of ammo, so you can order a case and they will hold it for you. Highly recommended, and certificates can be had on the secondary market for free (as in this case) or very little $.

Where did you stay for your training?

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Where did you stay for your training?

I stayed in Vegas for a couple of days (extended my trips each time) and in Pahrump, where FS is located, for the days of training. BTW, the town of Pahrump is about how it sounds. The biggest deal the last time I was there was the new Walmart that had recently opened (this was about 15 years ago). Not even a bowling alley or a movie theater at that time; not sure what it's like now. It's located in Nye county, where prostitution is legal (as it is in something like 40% of NV). I drove by (but did not partake of) Mabel's Whorehouse, which motto is "Where the customer always comes first."

When I took the FS training, it was excellent. They did try to market memberships in FS, which come with training certificates, as well as real estate in the FS planned community, which I don't think has ever taken off. No matter, the training is some of the best of I've had, very professional.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    . . . real estate in the FS planned community, which I don't think has ever taken off. ...

It will. Idea ahead of its time, so to speak. As the Left continues to ever so gradually extend their fingers around and slowly throttle the neck of all 2A-related, there may come a time where people will be crawling over one another for access to planned “range-centric” communities ... all in time ....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'd be interested to know those who say "it's fantastic!", What their other training classes have been. Probably none.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    right. certainly better than ol' jethro who is NRA certified around the corner. but compare to real deal instructors, who knows.
    I dunno. A doctor owner who gives a timeshare spiel for training is just weird. If you want to do it as a vacation thing, have at it. But for the money spent, one would be much better off driving 2 hours from Maryland for training.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have heard good things about the training from some who have taken training at a number of venues.

Expensive if you have to pay for it full price. Somewhere I have a certificate for a free class for 2 people. A number of friends and I did a trip to Vegas, then the course. I decided to not do the course. I bought my certificate off of eBay. Like $75.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I have never been, but in a couple months I can give an AAR. I have the 4day pistol, 4day rifle and 4day shotgun classes already scheduled. It will be my first real training. I have a membership. There are a lot of things about the marketing that is, off-putting, but I consistently hear that the training is good. I have a few extra course certificates as well, if anyone want to go check it out.

I would add, that their emails about the election challenges, etc. are very informative and one of the best places I have found for info on that front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom