• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Update: I contacted Rossi (actually Taurus now ...), explained the rifle 2 weeks new to me*, “soft” factory loads, etc and requested a Service Order # and Ticket be generated and a FedEx PrePaid shipping label be emailed to me.

Had it all within minutes and rifle is now on way back to Bainbridge, GA (Georgia!)

The gal said it “could be 12 weeks” but, I anticipate they intentionally under promise and over deliver.

*Hopefully, praying in fact, this will teach me to stop ever buying factory new guns and “sit” on them for oftentimes years before fouling the barrels fit first time. I can imagine the response if my answer to “How long have you had the gun, sir?” had been “two years” instead of 2 weeks. Heck, I i wasn’t even “supposed” to shoot it today; just happened to get the weeks chores done ahead of “definite” rain (uh-huh) and said, “wth, getting ready to leave twin for a week, trigger time!” SMH. I hope I’ve learned a lesson in all this.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Holy cow. I was saving for one of these. I wonder wjat would cause the cases to split?

Don’t “give up” yet :)

I’ll make it a point to get my arse back to the range as soon as I get it back and post up a sitrep.

If and when you do get one (I wouldn’t necessarily let the line QA issues totally dissuade me from this make and model) just test it ASAP - and have a good shipping box ready, “just in case.” :lol:

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

Yes, it also appears to have an octagon barrel.

attachment.php

USED
    ROSSI
    MODEL 92
    357MAG/38SPL

$450

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Just an update on the factory new Rossi I took possession of on NOV 1, 2019, discovered the chamber in which was splitting factory new 38Spl cases and consequently Rossi rec’d (retook possession of) at their Bainbridge GA facility on NOV 25 (11 weeks ago): THEY HAVEN'T TOUCHED IT!

I called to check on the status back in late December and was advised, “our system doesn’t provide a way for cust svc reps to determine ‘where’ in the repair service process an item is - you’re welcome to call back - our average turnaround time is 12 weeks.”

So, I started calling this morning, spending 15-30 mins on hold each of a dozen tries and someone finally picks up at 1:30 this afternoon and I am told that, “because we’re only now finishing the process of moving and setting up in our new (Bainbridge GA) location, we are way behind in our turnaround times and we haven’t gotten to your rifle yet - expect it to be 16 weeks...

Wow. Less than a box of 38Spl through Serial # 7CR0167xxM and I have gone from absence of any pleasure factor to actual pucker factor ...

Will update .... (til then, caveat emptor ...)

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Just an update on the factory new Rossi I took possession of on NOV 1, 2019, discovered the chamber in which was splitting factory new 38Spl cases and consequently Rossi rec’d (retook possession of) at their Bainbridge GA facility on NOV 25 (11 weeks ago): THEY HAVEN'T TOUCHED IT!

I called to check on the status back in late December and was advised, “our system doesn’t provide a way for cust svc reps to determine ‘where’ in the repair service process an item is - you’re welcome to call back - our average turnaround time is 12 weeks.”

So, I started calling this morning, spending 15-30 mins on hold each of a dozen tries and someone finally picks up at 1:30 this afternoon and I am told that, “because we’re only now finishing the process of moving and setting up in our new (Bainbridge GA) location, we are way behind in our turnaround times and we haven’t gotten to your rifle yet - expect it to be 16 weeks...

Wow. Less than a box of 38Spl through Serial # 7CR0167xxM and I have gone from absence of any pleasure factor to actual pucker factor ...

Will update .... (til then, caveat emptor ...)

Wow, that is unfortunate timing, to have your rifle get there just when they are moving to a new location. At least they acknowledge they have it and it's not MIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom