• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    First, this is an ok price for a 10/22. It is not a stainless rifle. It is not a takedown. It does not have a threaded muzzle.

However, having a couple of other Rugers with this same stock, I can tell you it’s a comfortable shooter. It also has a rear ghost site, which I like. The rifle is $229 after shipping and tax ...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/rug...nd-collector-series-rifle-od-green-31115.html

Seems like a nice Appleseed rifle to me, and a whole lot of fun in general.

5165450736-31115_3.jpg

5165450736-31115_7.jpg

5165450736-31115_6.jpg

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    This stock is very adjustable. The black section is removable by unscrewing the rear sling swivel. They offer a shorter L.O.P. and a high comb for optics in both L.O.P.s. I believe it comes with the regular L.O.P. in low and high comb.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Don't you need a local FFL for shipping to purchase from PSA?
    I've bought non AR rifles from them in the past, including another 10/22. Like all out of state sellers (non C&R), they need to ship to your local FFL where you will get a NICS check and pay a transfer fee.

Maybe you're referring to their policies with AR lowers, in which a MD FFL needs to purchase from them directly. Agree that this is a bit of a pain in the butt.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I've bought non AR rifles from them in the past, including another 10/22. Like all out of state sellers (non C&R), they need to ship to your local FFL where you will get a NICS check and pay a transfer fee.

Maybe you're referring to their policies with AR lowers, in which a MD FFL needs to purchase from them directly. Agree that this is a bit of a pain in the butt.

No I was just clarifying the additional costs of the transfer fee locally.
    I like the rifle and agree it would be perfect for Appleseed between the included sights, rail and adjust-ability, if I had it to do over.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I think it is a good start for an Appleseed rifle for sure. We have been discussing this deal (which is very good) on the Appleseed Forums for a couple weeks.

Appleseed-specific positives: Good stock overall, grippy in hot weather, modular components are very good for fitting to multiple shooters, sling studs already installed. And you can use the gift certificate to buy a stock module. Honestly, if you are buying for the stock, receiver, and barrel, life is good.

Appleseed-specific negatives: The "upgraded" ghost ring sights are still sub-optimal for AS. They don't have the same repeatable and precise MOA-sized adjustments required for AS. Perfect for a plinker though. The included picatinny rails is fine for mounting a scope or you could replace the Ruger peep sight with the MINI200 Tech Sight and keep the rail and use the existing front sight.

Still think it is a good deal and starting point, but hope that helps folks considering how many mods to make from there. And not referencing other basic 10/22 mods (auto bolt release is very helpful, everything else is for preference).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think it is a good start for an Appleseed rifle for sure. We have been discussing this deal (which is very good) on the Appleseed Forums for a couple weeks.

Appleseed-specific positives: Good stock overall, grippy in hot weather, modular components are very good for fitting to multiple shooters, sling studs already installed. And you can use the gift certificate to buy a stock module. Honestly, if you are buying for the stock, receiver, and barrel, life is good.

Appleseed-specific negatives: The "upgraded" ghost ring sights are still sub-optimal for AS. They don't have the same repeatable and precise MOA-sized adjustments required for AS. Perfect for a plinker though. The included picatinny rails is fine for mounting a scope or you could replace the Ruger peep sight with the MINI200 Tech Sight and keep the rail and use the existing front sight.

Still think it is a good deal and starting point, but hope that helps folks considering how many mods to make from there. And not referencing other basic 10/22 mods (auto bolt release is very helpful, everything else is for preference).
    Thanks for this summary. Would you mind posting a link for the Appleseed forum that you visit? Seems like a source of useful information.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Thanks for this summary. Would you mind posting a link for the Appleseed forum that you visit? Seems like a source of useful information.

Sure: https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php

The “Road to Rifleman” heading has more detail and reviews of equipment, along with shooting skills, ammo, etc. it isn’t as specialized as Rimfire Central, but helpful and certainly civil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Price increase from $199 to $219 (before shipping, tax, and transfer fees) ...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/rug...nd-collector-series-rifle-od-green-31115.html
    Back down to $199. With tax and shipping, will run around $230. Mine had a slightly canted front sight, which Ruger fixed (covering shipping both ways) in about two weeks and sent an extra 10 rd mag for my troubles. As noted by others, these ship with a $25 coupon for the Ruger store as well as other swag.

Really love this rifle. It's light, tough, and points fast. Took it to the range today, and with open sights at 25 yards, it was plenty accurate, especially with CCI Standard Velocity. Others have reported good results with Federal ammo. Target pictures are 10 shot groups, squares are 0.5 inches.

d8735974eba905c203e933a2b54768ff.jpg
    fe51bd6c75ba0618aded3bc298829a11.jpg
    b137c38a907df1d38724b6a135d91213.jpg
    61592bf0307db2eb6f11ac431bb5383c.jpg
    f6006f391602415b2b5ca79a8d0504ec.jpg
    2b819ad83d9ed316f3434f4a8c3a8a8c.jpg
    f50515c79fc7465df8f005feb4b6aebf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members