• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    For me in between Frederick and Hagerstown it’s Hafers as the best with great customer service. Shopped with them since they were in the basement. Gun Center on Rosemont as the worst. Bad customer service, act like they’re doing you a favor in showing you a gun. Antietam Firearms in Funkstown is also good to deal with.

Hafers in Hagerstown is a great place but too far to drive for me to go there often. Tyler's in Halthorpe is great and Chuck is a stand up guy.

+1 on Hafer's. I've never had a bad experience there and the customer service is easily among the best out there.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    South Carroll Sporting Goods is good, Brian always treats me good. United Gun Shop, Engage and some others are also good. It really depends on what you are looking for and how far away they are. Be wary of some shops though, unless you like being BS'ed and don't care how much you are raped. It only takes once for me to take my business elsewhere.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    In the downcounty area, my first shop was Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, now also in Rockville (Soon to leave both locations for a consolidated shop in the Rockville area, IIRC). Excellent folks.

I also use Engage; started when they were in Kensington. A1Uniforms in Brentwood has also provided fine stuff at good prices. I've also visited United, found them helpful and well-stocked.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    South Carroll Sporting Goods is definitely good to go! They are small but Brian will always do his best to serve you.
    Gun Center in Frederick is definitely not good to go.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    On the down side, there's Worth-A-Sh-t. Don't go there unless you're a LEO or family friend.

On the up side, I've always gotten great service from 2A in Jessup. :party29:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    In the downcounty area, my first shop was Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring, now also in Rockville (Soon to leave both locations for a consolidated shop in the Rockville area, IIRC). Excellent folks.

I also use Engage; started when they were in Kensington. A1Uniforms in Brentwood has also provided fine stuff at good prices. I've also visited United, found them helpful and well-stocked.

I can vouch for Atlantic Guns in the Rock&rollville area. They have been around since 1950 and provide great service. JMJ is my new go to in SoMD.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I’ve had a good experience at Maryland elite firearms/Baltimore best pawn on a firearm purchase.

I also had a good experience at continental arms on Nfa items. Haven’t bought a firearm through them. Their firearms seem pricey.

The gun shop in Essex is has great pricing, so long as your not looking for customer service/ having anything ordered.

Just my thoughts

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    In no particular order; best are United and Engage. Worst? Foxes Firearms.

[EDIT] Forget to add South Carroll Sporting Goods to the best in no particular order list.
    [EDIT2] Well crap, I forget to add JLowes to the best in no particular order list.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Sounds like you've been to On Target. I have seen some unbelievably bad customer service there. Jaw dropping. Just look at the owners responses to their online reviews. He definitely means well but he does not know how to deal with customers.

My go to shops are Duffy's Gun Room and 2A Sales & Supplies, I live near one and work by the other.

I agree with Duffy's and 2A. But I always do transfers with Bluefins.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    First stop for me is always Atlantic Guns in Rockville. They aren't trying to low-ball on every price ... which is one of the reasons they're still there after five decades, and able to provide real service. Have been to Engage to consummate Silencer Shop purchases, and to have some engraving done - though a little dodgy for me on multiple visits, more recently, they were on the ball. But Atlantic treats me like family, and always work things out for me. I don't want to even think about how many thousands of dollars they've separated from me over 30+ years.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I used to like MD...

Then I moved to VA. I walked in with cash... Walked out with a Glock43x. Try that in any MD shop no matter how good. ;):D:bannana:

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Here's another vote for 2 A Sales. I started going there when I was working a little more than a mile away. (Thankfully I don't work there anymore.)
    The first time I went there I asked about a gun my wife was looking for. They made a note in their wish book and they were able to find one within a couple weeks. I have made multiple purchases there.
    2 A is definitely at the top of my list.
    The IP I was going to before 2A has unfortunately departed this earth.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ve purchased from Maryland Elite Firearms, 2A in Jessup, Gun Connection and High Rock Outfitters (Not sure if Gary is still in the biz).

In each case the shop had what I was looking for at the time or was able to get it fairly quickly. All of those experiences have been highly professional and I would gladly purchase from any of them again.

I also very highly recommend Bass Pro in Hanover.

They have really good corn nuts.....

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I’ll go with worst in my experience: Pasadena Pawn & Gun- attitude first time I stopped in when they were new prevented a return visit, Select Fire- seems decent now so far as Cindy’s Hot Shots, Clyde’s - attitude issues and general disinterest in my money.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    I've bought & sold a lot (30+) guns at Bel Air Indoor Gun Range...

Mike Horst is a First Class & Honest Great Guy...

I also shoot there from time to time...

He was open for business thru must of the Covid Shutdown...

And he opened the range within 3 days of getting the OK...

It a small range, we shoot every other lane closed for social distancing...

Masks are required, lanes are available by phone appointment...

Mike is my go to guy...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've bought & sold a lot (30+) guns at Bel Air Indoor Gun Range...

Mike Horst is a First Class & Honest Great Guy...

I also shoot there from time to time...

He was open for business thru must of the Covid Shutdown...

And he opened the range within 3 days of getting the OK...

It a small range, we shoot every other lane closed for social distancing...

Masks are required, lanes are available by phone appointment...

Mike is my go to guy...

So what happened there? Did Horst buy out McCann? Cause when it was H&M I wouldnt give them the time of day. I've been to the range several times and really like the place.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I’ll go with worst in my experience: Pasadena Pawn & Gun- attitude first time I stopped in when they were new prevented a return visit, Select Fire- seems decent now so far as Cindy’s Hot Shots, Clyde’s - attitude issues and general disinterest in my money.

I could walk to Pasadena Pawn & Gun but forgetaboutit!
    I also went there not long after they opened. There was one guy there who seemed like a decent person. We had a nice long conversation about several firearms.
    Second time (and last) I met the owner. He had to brag about a couple of 1911's he had bought from a customer and tell me how great he is. He totally turned me off.
    About a year after that my daughter had seen him walking around the grocery store with his gun in plain sight. He has a habit of wearing a shoulder holster. I have even seen him standing outside of the store with it in plain sight. (Yes, I'm sure he has a carry permit but still.....)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Another plug for 2A Sales in Jessup. They treat you like you would want to be treated with no gun shop snobbery. I didn't discover them until after the rush of 2013 but they have been my sole source supplier since then.

Just don't go in there smelling like you've just partaken in the devil's lettuce......:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom