• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I have the TSR200 version on my 10/22 and love them. I think they're great. I did overhear someone recommend the 100 over the 200 once but I didn't hear the reason. I was sort of eavesdropping so I didn't think it would be polite to go back and ask.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I have the TSR200.

The 100 emulates the sights on the M16A1, where all your elevation adjustment is in the front sight: the rear is windage only. The dual aperture rear sight might be handy if you expect to be in both close quarters combat and extended-range firefights with your 10/22.

The 200 still gives you the coarse (and inconvenient) elevation adjustment at the front sight, but once that's dialed in, you can pretty much do all your elevation changes at the rear sight. I can switch from 25 to 100 yards at the rear sight only, without touching the front.

You can make a good case that the 100 is a better combat sight, though. People more qualified than I am have said the M16A1 sight is a more robust combat sight than that of the M16A2.

M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    I put the TSR100 for my 10/22, and I am pleased with them, but I have not tried the TSR200. Thinking back I had the same question and went with the 100. I think it had to do with one less variable to adjust. If I remember correctly I found the answer on www.rimfirecentral.com under the appleseed section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom