• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1. Yes , Defense is also important, and historically has saved our collective butts.

2. Two prong approaches are Good , and can reinforce each other.

For example from the larger world, look to Yassir Arrafat. For decades his diplomatic schict was to the effect of : " Y'all better come to an agreement with me, damn quick. Otherwise you'll have to deal with the Really Crazy Palestinians , chomping at the bit to F' you up ."

A little bit of tension between the two prongs ? Sure . Keep each side on their toes , and maintain enough apearence of separation for each to have their own voice .

But don't cut each other's throats , and throw bodies under the bus .

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Again you're preaching to the wrong congregation. Many of the respondents on this thread have been out on the bricks day after day, week after week in Naptown and those efforts have been well chronicled here. Many of these same folks put down the signs, don a suit and tie and go and testify which is what all the 2A orgs say that they want and yet the leadership of the PP has yet to receive a phone call or a PM by any of the other orgs or the newly independent JJ with an invite to a planning session. The PP sign painting parties/planning sessions are promoted on MDS and the Book of Faces with open invitations to all.

Not that I'm bitching about it, just informing. We will be going strong again this year with or without coordination or planning efforts by MSI, MSRPA, the NRA rep, AGC legislative liason, etc. If some of those organizations feel that partnering with the PP endangers their tax exempt status we totally get that but every member of the PP is also a private citizen and it would seem to me that anyone who is willing to get out on the bricks week after week in whatever weather would be someone that these orgs would want to recruit to help get the message out.

The "activists" and "radicals" who attend the HPRB meetings are not there on the behalf of or organized by the PP. These are just regular MDS folks exercising their right to attend open meetings of a state board. Why JJ would choose to alienate the very same folks he is allegedly working for is a mystery to me.

:thumbsup:x100

And, I'm going to take the uncouth step of quoting and "fixing" my own post -

With Second Amendment supporters like that, who needs Democrats?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I feel like someone should point out this simple fact.

Didn't the Review Board uphold the MSP like 99% of the time before people started attending? So even if it does end up as an Admin Hearing, is there really a net loss?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Didn't say I agreed with the email .
    I was advocating a multi prong approaches. Both sides don't have to be in total lockstep. More plates in the air, more chance somthing will stick . Ideally one prong can play off the other prongs approaches.

But we shouldn't throw under buses . But JJ's bus throwing isn't enough to write off all old school lobbying.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree but the email could hardly be construed as lobbying . I note your point about that.

Let's face it, JJ blew it. He needn't take out his anger on us despite his difficulties and travails with AGC.

IMO, it was a cheap shot about a group that sees the path forward in a different light than he does. We can have different opinions on tactics. He owes the community an apology

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    He owes the community an apology

I agree. This isn't his first rodeo.

There's a time and place for everything; some approaches work, some don't. I fail to see how the Public attending a public meeting could be taken as intimidation. Hell, most of the seats remain empty anyway. He can't blame us; we made it crystal clear that we were attending as "citizens," not as members of any group.

I suspect some of the proposed law stems from Jumpin' Jenny and her gaggle of preschoolers whining to their legislators. To them, anyone who shaves regularly is "intimidating" and "coercive." They would have wet their Depends if there were only two males in attendance.

And I think JJ was ill-advised to blast out that screed of his. It's fine to vent on the keyboard, but when you press [Enter] it's just too late to take it back.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Look at it this way: can you think of any other Merry Band of Radicals—in Maryland, or anywhere in America—who have fired up Patriot hearts across the country in the same way that those out of control “HPRB activists” have this year?

To wit: the lastest edition of Vanity Fair, published just this afternoon...(hats off to ZenMonkey for his inspired message!)

It’s a new day, and flip-phones and “blast faxes” ain’t the coin of the realm.

Attachments

• 75A36614-D6F8-459D-98DD-DC0F2496A6C5.jpg
      75A36614-D6F8-459D-98DD-DC0F2496A6C5.jpg
      80.8 KB · Views: 247

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    like the Wizard in OZ making the cataclysmic decision to return Dorothy to Kansas himself, I was forced into a cataclysmic decision by my daughter who told me upon a 3 hour late arrival at Dulles at midnight...

"Dad I'll get you an Uber but next time you can walk or take a 110 dollar cab ride."

I went to the Verizon store the next morning.

:sad20:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I agree. This isn't his first rodeo.

There's a time and place for everything; some approaches work, some don't. I fail to see how the Public attending a public meeting could be taken as intimidation. Hell, most of the seats remain empty anyway. He can't blame us; we made it crystal clear that we were attending as "citizens," not as members of any group.

I suspect some of the proposed law stems from Jumpin' Jenny and her gaggle of preschoolers whining to their legislators. To them, anyone who shaves regularly is "intimidating" and "coercive." They would have wet their Depends if there were only two males in attendance.

And I think JJ was ill-advised to blast out that screed of his. It's fine to vent on the keyboard, but when you press [Enter] it's just too late to take it back.

He's still trying to run things like he did AGC. By his rules and damn anyone trying to get in his way.

It's a shame, a real shame...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    His hyperbole in describing us as "activists trying to intimidate the HPRB" while quietly observing a public meeting smacks of desperation IMO.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Rest assured that just like the Phoenix, JJ the Walrus will rise from his ash heap of a stolen email list and again early next year will take his rightful place next to our glorious NRA rep as the "first string" of testifiers in Annapolis where he will promptly turn off every black legislator on the committee when he utters the phrase "our people don't behave like that".

All Hail Lord Walrus, rightful king of all the 2A realm in Merryland! Cross him at your peril ye activists and radicals, for Lord Walrus defends the status quo like a fat kid with his last cookie....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom