• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Wow, funny stuff!

Need the squirrel on a T-shirt or coffee mug.

The cartoon was Purtillo’s dig at 2005 “activism”.

Attachments

• 01867FD2-BCC8-407E-BC7A-74EC4D6FA9E2.jpeg
      01867FD2-BCC8-407E-BC7A-74EC4D6FA9E2.jpeg
      20.6 KB · Views: 223
    • A2E8F0BD-4313-43EC-8D2E-09AEC1F7C219.jpg
      A2E8F0BD-4313-43EC-8D2E-09AEC1F7C219.jpg
      79.5 KB · Views: 223

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He has logged in at least twice after I started the thread.

I'm sure his sycophants alerted him.

Too bad he hasn't responded. The silence is deafening.

Maybe we'll see him at Tuesday's HPRB meeting.

:lol2:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I stand corrected.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

That was the original link to the post on a forum from years ago. I don't have the link to the forum. This came from my personal stash from the ghost 2A Christmas Past.

Just something I saved for many years.

Sorry.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I always felt from prior flare ups that JJ had a vested interest in W+W from the HPRB and he attacked this forums members over that. I think he should have separated business from personal issues, especially in light of gun issues where W+W were in the wrong from the get go.

Best I recall, there were some jerks who made threats, or at least very inappropriate remarks regarding them. While he apparently had bad feelings about MDS before that, he seems to be using a broad brush to blame everyone here for whoever did that.

Remember, too, logging in is not required to see this thread.

As to the concern about the antis reading this and seeing us "eating our own," I'm not bothered. Grownups sometimes have differences and say what they think. I have yet to see how anything in this thread (or on this site, for that matter) has harmed 2A rights in Maryland.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I agree, but inaccurate portrayals and inaccuracies need to be called out, which I did.

I consider myself an activist because of my legal participation in 2A activities, including attendance at HPRB meetings as much as I am able.

But to portray an unidentified group of people as intimidating without any specifics, is beyond what I would tolerate, since it lumps me and others in that group together with whoever JJ has a beef with personally .

IMO it was a cheap shot plain and simple.

JJ can find a better way to air his grievances with those people.

My .02 again

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I agree, but inaccurate portrayals and inaccuracies need to be called out, which I did.

I consider myself an activist because of my legal participation in 2A activities, including attendance at HPRB meetings as much as I am able.

But to portray an unidentified group of people as intimidating without any specifics, is beyond what I would tolerate, since it lumps me and others in that group together with whoever JJ has a beef with personally .

IMO it was a cheap shot plain and simple.

JJ can find a better way to air his grievances with those people.

My .02 again

I completely agree. My comment wasn't meant to excuse the terrible message in that email, just an observation.

:beer:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Best I recall, there were some jerks who made threats, or at least very inappropriate remarks regarding them. While he apparently had bad feelings about MDS before that, he seems to be using a broad brush to blame everyone here for whoever did that.

I agree, but just to clarify. I attend most meetings, going back to before Hogan was even sworn in. The only intimidation I ever recall at any meeting was when they were held behind secured doors in the MSP Glen Burnie barracks in violation of the OMA. Well, there was the time when former Chairman Thomas asked me who "invited" me to the meeting. Soon after which he told me it was time for me to "get out" when he wanted to deliberate in secret without following or even knowing what the Open Meeting Act was. Even then those that attended with me remained respectful while advancing our collective rights to attend. We have advanced the cause and things are now much improved - better facilities, less Big Brother, better informed and documented decisions, and far more transparency. :thumbsup:

I believe JJ was instrumental in giving you all West and White as Board members, and we all know how well that worked out for many applicants. :tdown: Even so, I don't ever recall anyone that attended a single meeting ever making threats or intimidating remarks to any Board member EVER.

There was an unsubstantiated allegation that someone (not an attendee) directed their personal displeasure toward either West or White, but that unsubstantiated allegation lacked details and appeared in JJ's own first missive attacking attendees and MDS members without attributing specific blame to any individual. Did it happen? I don't know. If it did, was it an attendee or MDS member? I don't know, but apparently JJ felt comfortable throwing us all under the bus anyway.

And here we are a year later - after continuing to attend and hold the Board accountable to the law and proper procedure - being inappropriately thrown under the bus by JJ AGAIN because he prefers one on one back room deals with anti-self defense legislators like Madeleno. And no, I am not suggesting direct interaction with our elected officials is a bad thing, but suggesting it is the only effective method is both naive and arrogant.

JJ and his fledging upstart 2A group with its stolen name and Facebook account, and stolen AGC email list can email blast away with whatever garbage he wants, but I say no thanks.

I will be at the next Board meeting on Tuesday night, and would be happy to meet anyone else that decides to attend. Hope to see you there, you will meet a great group of 2A patriots. If not, maybe JJ will invite you all to attend his one on one meeting with Madeleno!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Maybe JJ will attend to further document said "intimidation".

I am having cataract surgery Monday buit barring any complications, I plan on attending.

With two good eyes, I should have no problem seeing said "intimidation"

:sad20:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Maybe JJ will attend to further document said "intimidation".

I am having cataract surgery Monday buit barring any complications, I plan on attending.

With two good eyes, I should have no problem seeing said "intimidation"

:sad20:

Excellent write up Gryphon. No matter what, you and swinokur are very “clear-eyed” with your takes on this. We are lucky to have you both on the team pulling the Patriot wagon, often uphill.

Prayers up, Stu, for your eye surgery Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom