• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I renewed my drivers licence last week and did a double take when it asked me if I wanted to remain registered as a democRAT. Then I remembered switching to DINO.:lol2:

I love it when I bump into someone (conservative), and at some point they suggest that I should switch my voters registration over so I can vote against the Democrats in the Democrat only primary. If I have my card on me, I'll show it to them and say something like 'we are everywhere'!

But it's funnier when I find myself around a bunch of liberals and they start talking about creating a utopian society, making a bunch of feel-good laws and spending other peoples money; then I chime in with some basic conservative values, and if they blink I remind them I'm a registered Democrat. I think it's actually more persuasive. Just like wearing the jersey of a football team you don't like and saying your quarterback sucks; some will agree, if you are wearing the right jersey. :D

Buckeye_Nut

Jun 15, 2017
    Waldorf
    I love it when I bump into someone (conservative), and at some point they suggest that I should switch my voters registration over so I can vote against the Democrats in the Democrat only primary. If I have my card on me, I'll show it to them and say something like 'we are everywhere'!

But it's funnier when I find myself around a bunch of liberals and they start talking about creating a utopian society, making a bunch of feel-good laws and spending other peoples money; then I chime in with some basic conservative values, and if they blink I remind them I'm a registered Democrat. I think it's actually more persuasive. Just like wearing the jersey of a football team you don't like and saying your quarterback sucks; some will agree, if you are wearing the right jersey. :D

When I moved to Maryland 331 years ago I was advised to register as a Democrat. I was told that as a conservative it was the only way I could make an impact.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Minute man - Thanks for all that you do!

BEOBILL's response was spot on. The Dems are not working to a consolidated strategy with a gerrymandering defense as the goal. This is evidenced by their Gubernatorial primary. They are eating each other up and providing Hogan opponent messaging long before the general.

There are two other things in favor for Hogan. First, the Dems are struggling like never before with funding. Now I expect that to change as The DNC Chairman, Tom Perez is from MOCO and the DNC will want to unseat the most popular governor in the USA. Secondly, these candidates are moving hard left and trying to outdo each other with being pro-sanctuary, anti-business, pro identity politics, etc. This is well evidenced in AACO by the Arundel Patriot and the WISE Women (who are SOROS funded). The WISE women even have an Everytown rep amongst them. So this shapes an incredibly powerful opportunity. This might also allow a DINO strategy to be more effective.

Bringing it back to the 2A community we had two events this year in MD (Baltimore City Police Comms Director brother and the Edgewood) that directly illustrates we don't have a gun problem but we have a massive judicial problem. Both shooters had been arrested with a weapon and both times the gun charge disappeared. And of course in all instances an armed man stopped them.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Let's face it, most of the states gerrymandered are done so to benefit the Republicans. Maryland is bad, worse than many, and Maryland District 3 is the worst in the nation. But North Carolina is probably the worst gerrymandered state in the nation. Regardless of which party benefits from stealing elections, it undermines the WILL of the PEOPLE; and therefore, it's all wrong, regardless of which side it benefits.

Regan spoke out against gerrymandering, as did Obama; imagine that, something both parties and every single person I've ever spoken with on the topic. So what's stopping us getting this done?

When Obama came out and tried to address the problem he was 'resisted' (to borrow the term from the radical left); Larry Hogan wrote letters to Obama, and made speeches to try to address the problem here in Maryland, he's one example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=kY7z1qpy_LI

I had the good fortune to speak at some length with Ed Reilly (Maryland Senator), before Tim Walter's recent fundraiser; Ed said the biggest problem we need to address is gerrymandering. This election is critical, if the Republicans don't win a few more seats in both the House and Senate, they will not be able to sustain an override of Hogan's veto's. We know the Democrats have gerrymandered our votes away, taken our voice; supporting the Republicans (here and now in Maryland) is critical for this coming election.

I'm not a Republican, I'm not a Democrat, most of us aren't either. We've all got to come together to break this lock the Democrats have right now, its been destroying our great state for many decades now. We have a ray of hope, a solid chance with Larry Hogan (most popular Governor in America), and the team of Republicans determined to fix this problem. There are many moderate Democrats, and old school (blue-dog Democrats) that completely agree, and will work with us, and the Republicans to fix this. Will you help?

==================================

Types of gerrymandering:

Packing: Concentrating a large percentage of opposition voters into a single district thus reducing its influence on the results of surrounding districts. Cracking: Diluting the strength of the opposition by breaking up winnable districts and spreading the opposition voters among several districts.

Hijacking: Changing the boundaries so that two strong opposition leaders end up competing with each other while the opposition party ends up “leaderless” in the other fragments of their previous districts.

Cracking: Diluting the strength of the opposition by breaking up winnable districts and spreading the opposition voters among several districts.

Kidnapping: Taking strongholds out of an opponent’s district to be stuffed with areas favoring the other party.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Sorry I'm not able to help this year, wife and I both did our part with operation DINO voting and recruitment over the past few years.

Now We're part of Operation "Exodus" denying Maryland our Tax money and Retirement! :cool:

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just converted MinuteMan! I won't turn into a snowflake will I?

Minuteman is now Jewish? Mazel Tov!

Haha, once in a while you come up with a good one lol.

Yep, that was a humdinger! :D

Congrats on the move. The slimy feeling will eventually wear off, and when you go to the Democrat primary to vote, you’ll look around and see many of us also faking it. I have never felt better than legally voting twice AGAINST the worst politicians.

This DINO strategy can work, it already has worked in the past. For those in safe districts, they are better off staying Republican. But for those of us that are truly independent (socially liberal, libertarian or conservative); especially if you live in this liberal corridor (roughly along I95) from PA through MD into VA; registering as Democrats is our best hope to make a positive difference.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This just in from Mike Fisher (Maryland Delegate):

iu

Senate President Mike Miller, who represents Calvert County, is holding a $1,000 a plate fundraiser in Baltimore.

Miller is holding the fundraiser in a city with poverty so great that 86% of public school students receive free meals. Meanwhile, he's charging $1,000 a plate!

The fundraiser is organized by Gerry Evans, the top-earning lobbyist in Annapolis. Evans used to work in Miller's office. As a lobbyist, Evans was convicted of 11 counts of mail & wire fraud in 2000.

It appears that lobbyists and special interests continue to control career politicians like Mike Miller. Meanwhile, the children of Baltimore are stuck in failing schools, broken homes, unsafe neighborhoods, and poverty.

In Baltimore, it is the winter of despair. But, for career politicians it is the Best of Times.

Yours In Service,

Mike Fisher

Learn more about and consider supporting Mark Fisher:

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    So....as it happens, I was in the MVA updating my drivers license. As part of that, they ask you to confirm you voter registration.

So, faced with having to push the button for “D” or “R” , I thought of this effort.

So, for 2018, I guess I’m registered “D”.

Now what?

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Besides the "D" or "R" buttons, was there one that said "none of your fvcking business"?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Besides the "D" or "R" buttons, was there one that said "none of your fvcking business"?

Part of being a DINO is to let the D's know you're one of them so they waste resources trying to extract money and your vote from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom