• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    This weekend, I'm thinking of taking my wife to Annapolis...just to walk around, see some sights, and eat dinner.

She's never been, and I haven't been there in a long time. Any suggestions on where to park, what to see, where to eat (casual)? I know there's supposed to be a nice harbor, and I remember going as a kid to see all the historical sights, but I'd be lost and probably miss a lot if I just tried to go down and wing it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My favorite "everyday" restaurant in downtown is Galway Bay on Maryland Ave

mbarker

Aug 15, 2010
    There is cheap parking at a parking garage off of Calvert and West St. It is behind El Toro Bravo. If she has never been to Annapolis and you are looking for something casual, take her to Chick and Ruths Deli.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    We took some out of town friends to Annap on Saturday; toured Main Street, CIty Dock and drove throught the Naval Academy, stopping at the Chapel.

Ate a great lunch at McGarvey's; it's my favorite.

Chick and Ruth's rocks for a casual lunch. Can't argue with Galway Bay.

Are you looking for casual, cheap or something impressive?

Marginwalker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Everything in Annapolis in casual.

Walk over to Eastport for dinner. Go to either Lewnes Steak House or Oleary's if you want seafood.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Wife and I like the Sushi at Tsunami. Right on West St a couple doors down from the Rams Head.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I like Paul's Homewood Cafe on West street up near the car dealers..

919 West Street
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    (410) 263-4583

You know....that's one place that I really want to go to, but always forget about when it's time to decide. I need to correct that.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Thanks guys, we went to Chick and Ruth's today and it was great. My wife really liked the city, so we'll probably be back to try the others anyway...

Winged Pig

Aug 20, 2008
    Calvert County
    Just a thought, but if you enjoyed the town and want to go back you might try the ghost tours of Annapolis. www.ghostsofannapolis.com It's a nice walking tour with lots of history and a little halloween fun mixed in.

Or you could try out the haunted pub crawl, but you might want to have a place to stay the night if you do that one.

Either way you can enjoy an afternoon, have a nice dinner and then meet your guide at the Maryland Inn and see the rest of the town. Not bad this time of year.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Chick and Ruth's.....ugh

I know this is NOT the popular opinion, but I can't stand that place. Nothing I've ever had from there was good, ever. Keep in mind, I dated an Annapolis girl for a little over 2 years, who (as most people from Annapolis) loved that place.

Even their fries were bad.

However, everyone I've talked to that's eaten there RAVES about it. So my opinion is in the (very) small minority it would seem.

I can't remember the name of the place, but it's right downtown on the water. Wow that's horrible, it's been too long, I don't even remember the name of the street the place is on. Anyhow, they have outstanding pizza.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I thought the fries were OK...I put ketchup on them.

They brought us out that bowl of really good sliced pickles though, so that more than made up for any lack of fry tastefulness because we really like pickles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom