• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I did have to wipe it down quite a bit when I first assembled it. Was yours having any trouble before you cleaned out the extra grease, or did you just do it to begin with?

I stripped it down before even taking it out. Bad habit I know, but I like seeing how everything works. I have no idea if mine would have given me that issue had I not removed some of the excess.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I called Stoeger today. The woman I spoke with said that a 1 1/8 oz load was the MINIMUM for my coach gun and that Remington uses some of the hardest primers to extend shelf life. She told me to try another brand and send it in if I ran into the same problem.

Here's the specs on the shells I picked up from Dick's (buy one get one half off sale last week):
    Remington Game and Target Loads
    12 gauge, 2 3/4 length, 1390 fps, 7/8 oz, 8 shot.

I cannot remember the load on the Federal that ran through it with no issue. Why does the loading have anything to do with the function of a SxS though? I'm new to shotguns, but I thought that was more of a semi-auto cycling issue.

I picked up 100 rounds of the same type of Federal that ran through my coach gun fine. I'm planning on taking some of each out to Elk Neck tomorrow and do some test firing.

As a side note, I do see now that these Federal shells are 1-1/8 oz load. Does anyone know if what I was told by the rep at Stoeger (see quoted above) makes any sense for the type of gun I have?

jaywade

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Leesburg, VA
    I have the same gun the uplander "coach" gun got it for my wife my mossberg 590 is just to big for her this side by side fits her well for home defense .... I've but at least 800 rounds through our's w/ no problems I hope you firgue something out

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    hey jared, wish you couldv'e made it to the range today. we had a great time. Remember Gary and Autumn, Gary had a gun that had troubles with the Rems, I think the primers are harder. Hope thats all it is. If not, record all type of ammo you have sot through it and its performance, then send gun and info to Stoeger.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    hey jared, wish you couldv'e made it to the range today. we had a great time. Remember Gary and Autumn, Gary had a gun that had troubles with the Rems, I think the primers are harder. Hope thats all it is. If not, record all type of ammo you have sot through it and its performance, then send gun and info to Stoeger.

Yeah, I would have liked to have come too. I did a dog walk fundraiser with my wife and schnauzer this morning, otherwise I would have been there. I hope that's all it is too and I'll just have to stay clear of Remington.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I opened a new box of Remington and a new box of Federal. Had one FTF with the Remington ammo (with shallow dent in the primer). Again no problems with the Federal.

I'll just keep buying the Federal for target shooting (it's cheaper anyway). I haven't tried any sort of buckshot through it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom