• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    The paper that came with mine didn't say anything about having to carry concealed either. Out of curiosity when did you get the permit? Maybe something new they're doing? Not that I would propbably ever carry openly but there may be an occasion and I'd like to know for sure.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The paper that came with mine didn't say anything about having to carry concealed either. Out of curiosity when did you get the permit? Maybe something new they're doing? Not that I would propbably ever carry openly but there may be an occasion and I'd like to know for sure.

1.5 years ago.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Somebody from VA on the wrong side of the border? Virginians are not allowed to CC in (most) Chipotle due to their liquor license.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Regulations issued by the Superintendent, Maryland State Police
    Persuant to Chapter 13, Acts of 1972- Handgun permits

1. The following shall be cause for revocation of a permit.

A. Any indiscriminate display of a handgun and/or behavior by the permit holder which would result in undue apprehension of existing danger by the general public while wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.

This was explained to me as" do not carry openly" as it only takes john q public to freak out , file a complaint against you and your permit is revoked.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Regulations issued by the Superintendent, Maryland State Police
    Persuant to Chapter 13, Acts of 1972- Handgun permits

1. The following shall be cause for revocation of a permit.

A. Any indiscriminate display of a handgun and/or behavior by the permit holder which would result in undue apprehension of existing danger by the general public while wearing, carrying or transporting a handgun.

This was explained to me as" do not carry openly" as it only takes john q public to freak out , file a complaint against you and your permit is revoked.
    That could be argued, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I didn't really take it that way when I read it but I guess it could be used that way. It's vague like the rest of the permit restrictions. All's it would take to have to defend yourself would be one uptight idiot I guess. Not worth the money in lawyers to have to fight it. :sad20:

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    I would guess that if a sheeple saw if only for a brief moment even, a hint of a pistol or saw it completely that they would think police officer or undercover. That only being the case if the person carrying was clean cut.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    That could be argued, but it's better to be safe than sorry. I didn't really take it that way when I read it but I guess it could be used that way. It's vague like the rest of the permit restrictions. All's it would take to have to defend yourself would be one uptight idiot I guess. Not worth the money in lawyers to have to fight it. :sad20:

I know it sucks and can be used against the permit holder in a multitude of ways. You can argue it, but most likely MSP will still revoke your permit.

If you get a permit, it is to remain a secret. You also need to do your best as to make sure that no one perceives that you are packing. anyone gets intimidated by it and its all over with.:tdown:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    wowzers.... open carry to me (should be allowed and encouraged), but is generally not tactically sound, as the bad guys know who they might want to tackle first (and take their gun?). Concealed carry (as I have instructed for well over a decade now) gives you the tactical advantage that gives you the opportunity to decide IF and WHEN to act or not. Let me put it another way, if this message gets out to some people that wish to do us innocent law bidding citizens harm, you really don't know know which of us might just STOP your criminal behavior when you least expect it.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    SCARCQB is right on the money. There are several regulations contained in COMAR 29.03.02.10 violating which can get your permit yanked:

.10 Revocation of Permit.
    The Secretary may revoke a handgun permit if the holder of a permit has exhibited a propensity for violence or instability which may reasonably render his possession of a handgun a danger to himself or other law abiding persons. In making this determination, the Secretary may consider:

A. Any indiscriminate display of a handgun or behavior by the holder of a permit which would result in undue apprehension of an existing danger by the general public or any individual or group while the holder is wearing, carrying, or transporting a handgun;

B. Any false statements or false representation made in any application for a permit or renewal to carry a handgun;

C. Causing any false information to be given in connection with an investigation for a handgun permit;

D. Any alteration or forgery of a permit or part of a permit;

E. The selling, renting, or otherwise transferring of a handgun permit to another;

F. Any violation of the permit restrictions imposed by the Secretary as provided in Public Safety Article, §5-309, Annotated Code of Maryland;

G. Failure to notify the Secretary of any change in address or employment, or any acts, representations, or omissions that exhibit a propensity for violence or instability which may reasonably make the possession of a handgun a danger to the holder himself or any other law abiding person. However, the Secretary is not limited to these acts, representations, or omissions in making this determination.

I'm not sure if they always include these with a new permit.

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    I thought your MD permit was restircted to carry ONLY when you were wearing a michael jackson zipper jacket and jeweled glove?

:lol2:

Chad,

You crack me up man!!! I'm usually very witty but I don't even know how to respond to that one :party29:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    One could argue that "indiscriminate display" means brandishing as in pulling it out of the holster brandishing. One could also argue that if open carry is indiscriminate display, then the security guards and armored car guards openly carrying is indiscriminate display too. However the MSP would likely argue that the security guards and armored car guards are not being indiscriminate because they are in uniform and not likely to cause alarm among the public. But then again one could argue that one wearing openly would have to rise to the level of undue apprehension of endangering the public if they are not brandishing it (out of the holster is brandishing in some states and in others exposing the concealed firearm with a threat is and in others one can simply be printing and may be considered brandishing IIRC from what I read years ago).

....or I could simply be talking out of my ass here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom