• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I saw someone carrying at chipotle today in Gaithersburg (man, that's good food). Not sure if he was trying to conceal or OC. He was wearing a t-shirt with an untucked flannel shirt that would have been perfect for ccw, but the shirt was hiked up over the butt of the pistol which was in an OWB holster so it was a complete open carry. Not sure if it was intentional or not.

Didn't see a badge anywhere and his lunch partners definately didn't look like cops although he could have been, but no badge or MoCo police jacket.

No one in the place seemed to give a second look. I guess in Maryland everyone would assume "must be a cop" ??

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    when it comes to CCW..

Fanny packs and Tac Vests scream, I have a gun! please call the cops so that they can arrest me or check out my ccw permit. or I'm gay...LOL

Most pros spend money on a quality Holsters. In, MD, a CCW permit stipulates that it must remain concealed.No open carry in public places.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    when it comes to CCW..

Fanny packs and Tac Vests scream, I have a gun! please call the cops so that they can arrest me or check out my ccw permit. or I'm gay...LOL

Most pros spend money on a quality Holsters. In, MD, a CCW permit stipulates that it must remain concealed.No open carry in public places.

Now some things are making sense. Before I was paying much attention to such thing I remember several cases of "Wow, he doesn't look like the fanny pack type, how odd" - I'm a pretty slow learner!

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I saw a guy in a bowie giant foods a while back (military), open carrying in a drop leg holster.. Legal or not (assuming just active duty military, nothing more).

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Really, mine doesn't say that anywhere, can you point me to a law or regulation that says it?

The letter that came with mine stipulates it. MSP didnt specify the regulations. It was a set of about several rules that had to be followed with the CCW permit.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The law concerning carry permits makes no distinction between open and concealed carry. It is presumed that open carrying, however, would result in getting your permit yanked in short order.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    MoCo police go to the G'burg Chipotle EFD. (Shady Grove??)

My money would be on LEO. I think they have an academy near by because I see cadets in there often.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    The letter that came with mine stipulates it.

Mine didn't, I'd be interested in seeing that.

The law concerning carry permits makes no distinction between open and concealed carry. It is presumed that open carrying, however, would result in getting your permit yanked in short order.

You are correct, there is no law or written regulation that I am aware of and in fact the permit says nothing about whether you carry concealed or open, it just says "permit to carry handgun". I was also told when I asked the sergeant that there was no law against carrying openly but it would most likely result in revocation of the license.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The back of the permit states when and where I can carry. The letter that came with it indicated how to Carry. When I visit GC, I'll drop off a copy with my personal info blacked out.

3rdrecon, if yours didnt come with that stipulation, thats great. My Former Boss has the same letter that I got with his permit.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    The back of the permit states when and where I can carry. The letter that came with it indicated how to Carry. When I visit GC, I'll drop off a copy with my personal info blacked out.

3rdrecon, if yours didnt come with that stipulation, thats great. My Former Boss has the same letter that I got with his permit.

Yeah, like I said, I'd be interested to see it. My new one may come with that letter cause I'm up to renew this year, but the old one didn't. I do have the stips that say when on the back but none that say how.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Mine didn't, I'd be interested in seeing that.

You are correct, there is no law or written regulation that I am aware of and in fact the permit says nothing about whether you carry concealed or open, it just says "permit to carry handgun". I was also told when I asked the sergeant that there was no law against carrying openly but it would most likely result in revocation of the license.

Funny thing around here is that there are some cases of people losing their permit for legally open carrying in the past with the previous anti-gun sheriff. Afterwards, they had no choice but to open carry being they didn't have a permit. Of course in MD, that is not the case.

atimesublime

Mar 23, 2009
    Montgomery County MD
    MoCo police go to the G'burg Chipotle EFD. (Shady Grove??)

My money would be on LEO. I think they have an academy near by because I see cadets in there often.

As someone who works off of Shady Grove and loves him some Chipotle ... i've seen the LEO's from the bomb squad eating there frequently.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    This was the one in the Kentlands, but still pretty close. There are usually several LEO's eating there. Never saw was so young and casually dressed without having some other identifying mark. And usually they're eating in groups.

I'm getting hungry again just thinking about Chipotle!

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Bomb squad is probably there practicing. You eat enough chipotle and your ass Is bound to explode

parbreak

Ultimate Member
    Feb 18, 2008
    My MD Permit didn't come with anything other than the permit itself. Basically, "GO Forth and Carry Young Man!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom