• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    If one buys that lower, approx how much would the parts be to complete the build?

As previously mentioned no one does 80% frames to save money, but for price comparison, Glock Store has stripped G43 factory lowers on sale for $50. Quite a bit cheaper than the 80% counterpart!

Attachments

• C3E53D0E-9A10-47FF-B5DF-B0721DA48E69.jpg
      C3E53D0E-9A10-47FF-B5DF-B0721DA48E69.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 461

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    As previously mentioned no one does 80% frames to save money, but for price comparison, Glock Store has stripped G43 factory lowers on sale for $50. Quite a bit cheaper than the 80% counterpart!

I really don't understand why you'd buy a stripped lower? It has to go though an FFL and transfer fee. I guess they have to do something with them after stripping the parts off.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I really don't understand why you'd buy a stripped lower? It has to go though an FFL and transfer fee. I guess they have to do something with them after stripping the parts off.

It's a good way for people to replace their frame after modifying the original, or to get another frame to modify to not ruin the original. Glock charges $100 to replace a frame outside of warranty, on top of shipping to them and transfer once it gets back if necessary.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    It's a good way for people to replace their frame after modifying the original, or to get another frame to modify to not ruin the original. Glock charges $100 to replace a frame outside of warranty, on top of shipping to them and transfer once it gets back if necessary.

Never thought of those reasons. I learned something today. Good.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Factory G43 lowers are on sale today

Attachments

• 1CCEF473-B2DC-4404-BED3-C2613F14C379.jpg
      1CCEF473-B2DC-4404-BED3-C2613F14C379.jpg
      68 KB · Views: 366

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    I know.. I'm waiting for Lenny to ship my SS80 G43 lower soon... ;)

I got an email from Glockstore on March 19 informing me that there was a delay and to expect shipment on April 17 or earlier. That has since passed and no further update was provided. Are you in the same situation?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Even with a fifty dollar transfer and shipping, it's _still_ cheaper than an 80% frame. In fact, it's potentially a lot cheaper if you buy more than one of them and include the time you'd spend making the 80% frame.

Even with a fifty dollar transfer and shipping, it's _still_ cheaper than an 80% frame. In fact, it's potentially a lot cheaper if you buy more than one of them and include the time you'd spend making the 80% frame.

Building from 80% was never meant to be a cost-saving measure. It's meant to keep the man from knowing what you have next to your bed. When the state of Maryland finally passes a law outlawing the private possession of firearms those who have built from 80% will still have the ability to defend themselves.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Google "Glock modification gone wrong" or "Glock stippling gone wrong" and you'll see why there is a market for OEM take-off frames.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I got an email from Glockstore on March 19 informing me that there was a delay and to expect shipment on April 17 or earlier. That has since passed and no further update was provided. Are you in the same situation?
    Yes.. I doubt anything will be shipping anytime soon, but I'm still hopin. I read somewhere that someone heard perhaps May, but it was all third hand. I suspect they were being optimistic with the original shipping schedule and the manufacturing process has delayed things. They can do that at times... lol

MikeV

Apr 15, 2017
    I may or may not have a lower parts kit and upper waiting......:mad54:

:lol:Love this!

What I remember reading is that Lenny was unhappy with the initial overall adherance to specs and persuaded (demanded) that the manufacturer go back and tweak the (ostensibly) finished product. Kudos to Glockstore and Lenny for remaining focused on a (Quality Oriented) goal and playing the long game. Rushing to market simply to meet a "release date" with an early production glitch would just be early nails in the coffin. Hey, this is a competitive market! There's no second chance to make a first impression!!
    I'll wait (anxiously) for my SS80. Meanwhile, my PF940SC is en route to my mailbox.....

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Update from Lenny. SS80 and parts in stock. Waiting on the ATF approval letter. More delays. The video was posted a couple days ago.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Doing a build on one of those looks really, really expensive vs just buying one. Hopefully prices on the components will come down soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom