• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Looking to get my first can. From the research I've done, it looks like a Silencerco Sparrow is the best bang for the buck. Other opinions would be welcome because I haven't purchased yet.

The hosts would be a 10/22 and a 22/45 Ruger.

My question is how do you that have these hosts and this can, mount the can. From what I see, the Sparrow has an o ring in the back and if you screw the threads into the o ring, you will destroy it. Do you add spacers or just add Silencerco's adapter?

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    The threads on my MKIII are right at .400" and don't touch the o ring. From what I've heard the RAR's are right at .400" as well. I'm not sure what they are threading the 10/22's at.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    ^What he said. Shouldn't need the adapter on the 22/45.

How long are 10/22 threads? If they're AR-15 spec, you need a spacer or adapter; if they're within SilencerCo spec (.400"), you won't need anything. I do have a host that's out of spec (.46x") and the o-ring bottoms out before the suppressor seats against the barrel shoulder - on this one I run the SilencerCo 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 adapter.

I personally went with a Spectre 22 over the Sparrow.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ^What he said. Shouldn't need the adapter on the 22/45.

How long are 10/22 threads? If they're AR-15 spec, you need a spacer or adapter; if they're within SilencerCo spec (.400"), you won't need anything. I do have a host that's out of spec (.46x") and the o-ring bottoms out before the suppressor seats against the barrel shoulder - on this one I run the SilencerCo 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 adapter.

I personally went with a Spectre 22 over the Sparrow.

I'll check on the 10/22. I've never removed the muzzle device from it.

Why did you pick the Spectre?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Spectre II is the better pistol host IMO...monocores will always have more FRP in a pistol. As a bonus, it's cheaper.

No need for an adapter with .400" threads, but be advised that if you also have a barrel threaded to Silencerco specs for O-ring engagement, you'll push some nasty crud into the can when switching. Not a huge deal, but it's preferable to have all your guns threaded to the same spec.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    I agree with all here. The 22LR lead round makes a complete and absolute mess in a suppressor. Easy cleaning was my number one factor, so I went with the Sparrow. The FRP is noticeable, but not a huge deal IMO. However, the Spectre would definitely be my next choice.

Get both :)

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    A monocore will never be quite as quiet as a K-baffle. Some trade off a little ease in cleaning for a little difference in suppression. Both cans mentioned are the two top performers and can't really go wrong w/ either. FWIW, I have two sparrows (black and SS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom