• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    Does anyone know of a good event planner in P.G. County? I want to throw a 90th birthday party for my mom in late June. At the moment I think the list of people to invite is around 100, but I'm sure some will not show.

Thanks for any leads.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Does anyone know of a good event planner in P.G. County? I want to throw a 90th birthday party for my mom in late June. At the moment I think the list of people to invite is around 100, but I'm sure some will not show.

Thanks for any leads.

Are you having this at someone's home or renting a hall?

Fastbreak

Dec 28, 2012
    Yeah- what sort of party you're looking to have is helpful. I used to manage a local piano bar in PG and still have a very good rapport with them.

Some additional details will help as both my fiance and my business partner's wife are event planner types.

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    I will be renting a hall. I'm hoping the planner will have some experience with who provides the best facilities and service for the lowest price.

Requirements for the hall are that there be no or very few steps from the outside to whatever level the party is being held on. Bathrooms must be on the same level as the room where the party is being held. The majority of the people are elderly, and, like my mom, no longer do steps easily or quickly. In sum, walking should be kept to a minimum. There should also be plenty of chairs for those who cannot comfortably stand for long periods. Again, this includes the guest of honor.

The target dates are June 29 and June 22, both Saturdays, because they are closest to her actual birthdate.

I'd like the party to run from 1 or 2 p.m. to 4 or 5 p.m., again because some attendees probably no longer drive after dark.

The venue should be reasonably close to the Greenbelt, Hyattsville, Riverdale, Landover Hills area. Listed in the order they occurred to me, not order of preference.

This will be an alcohol-free event with no DJ or live entertainment. I definitely want a cake, and also some fruit or some other kind of munchies that those who don't or can't eat sweets (one of the major invitees is an insulin-dependent diabetic) can eat. Punch, soda, etc., to drink.

I'll try to answer any other questions.

Thanks.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Sounds like you got it all figured out and have plenty of time to make the phone calls to make it happen.

Tough part is to round up all her friends; likely they aren't sporting FB on their iPhones.

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    I worked in the Event Service industry for over a decade, I am Sound and Light Designer, not a planer, but from your describtion you basically want a Fire Hall and a local small caterer, that will be the lowest cost and bang for bunch. Make a few calls, to local fire halls and see who rents out, and see who they suggets for your type of event to cater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom