• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    Got my new polish tok (1952) from sog last week as well as a tin of the rommy tok ammo so.... I had a few second chance vests to play with dated 2005 . I shot 3 rounds of .45 ,.9mm , 357 all 3 did not go thru the vest. All of 7.62x25 zipped right thru the vest and 4 inches of wood. I only had about 30 mins of shooting but this is one nice shooter and all of the rommy ammo I shot (50 rnds) was sure fire with no problems.

Attachments

• IMG00107-20100611-2155.jpg
      IMG00107-20100611-2155.jpg
      21.6 KB · Views: 279

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    I remember back in the mid 1970's, the gunsmith at the shop where I worked in Balto.
    always carried a Tokerev. It had the most God awful finish from a car bumper refinising place. Bright Chrome!! He swore by that pistol for reliability and the fact that it would
    penetrate anything.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I wore one of those damn No Chance vests. Didn't the company fold after it was determined that the vest were breaking down much faster than advertised?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I wore one of those damn No Chance vests. Didn't the company fold after it was determined that the vest were breaking down much faster than advertised?

Yes. It wasn't just Second Chance vests but they were the main ones affected. They were using a new polymer called Zylon as part of the composition of the vest. They found out after the fact that sun and moisture would break down the Zylon much faster than they thought. DOJ did a random sampling of officer owned vests across the country and found them to be failing, some were only a year old. Second Chance folded but the name was bought up by Armor Holdings who also own Safariland and about a zillion other tactical product companies.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Guy in my office mentioned he was looking for a cheap shooter, and I steered him to these. I want one...

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    We did a test at one of the group shoots a couple years ago and the tok went through a Kevlar helmet, in one side and out the other. That is one bad azz round!!

Slayr, was the vest a level II or III?

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    We did a test at one of the group shoots a couple years ago and the tok went through a Kevlar helmet, in one side and out the other. That is one bad azz round!!

Slayr, was the vest a level II or III?

Level ll A. I have a few and will bring some to the next shoot . I belive these are the armor holdings vests and not the bad ones these were sheriff dept trade inns. I also have trama plates but I'm not going to destroy those.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Good ones are plenty accurate. I have no problems putting lead on target with one, but the sights do kinda suck.

Mark

This. They are rather accurate, they have quite a flat trajectory, considering the bullet is going 1600fps it ought to. The sights on the gun suck horribly though which limits the ability to be better with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom