• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    What do you expect from nature loving/tree hugging kinda store..

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Owned by hippies selling overpriced crap to hipsters, snowflakes, urban cowboys, city slickers, backyard worriors, metrosexuals, counterculture types, etc.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    I sent an email asking what exactly were they asking Vista to do?

Here's the answer:
    "Thank you for contacting REI.
    We don't have additional information to share now but we read each of these emails and share overall feedback with leadership.
    Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Jill W.
    REI Customer Service"

Of course I there's no way to reply to their response.

I've got 2 $50 gift cards from there. I'm thinking I could buy something and donate it to the next Friends of NRA auction.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    Wonder how much of a hit Dicks and company have taken so far.. the more companies go down this path, the more business they'll lose.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Too bad about REI. Three or four decades ago I'd buy climbing gear from Hudson Bay Outfitters, who had to change their name because of HBO. They yuppified, and I bought some equipment from REI, which was pretty good and reasonably priced. Last time I was in either place, prices were ridiculous and quality was so-so. So bye bye.

Chouinard gear was always top-notch, but when they turned into a clothing store, again prices outpaced value. Then they went and got all Cali-flower Green, so eff 'em. I'm too old to screw around on mountains, anyway.

crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Not surprised about rei playing politics. They are probably hoping for some press in a time they are struggling to stay relevant and in business.

The ironic thing is rei relies on our outdoor rec park s and spaces and one of the largest if not the largest sources of income and support for these areas are hunters and fisherman.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So now, not only are companies publicly and loudly going full leftard themselves, they are publicly and loudly letting it be know when they refuse to do business with other companies on similar "principles"

so dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom