• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I didn't know that the results of a lie detector test were admissible in court.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I didn't know that the results of a lie detector test were admissible in court.

I believe BeoBill and GolfR were referring to the process of obtaining a security clearance. Not a real court, more like Star Chamber. (But voluntary, of course. If you don't want to participate, don't apply for a position that requires a clearance.)

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Here's the way it works for Federal BIs, SBIs and SSBIs:

If you tell the investigator that an arrest (or other bad thing tm) happened, the reason and the disposition, it will be noted and probably won't affect the subsequent access. If the investigator discovers it and you haven't told them, it's over; you're done. You'd be surprised what I've seen forgiven by adjudicators... :innocent0

Probably. Wow, that rings hollow in my ears, and even being forced to bear a scintilla of doubt due to the wrongful actions of the state...not mistaken actions, but WRONGFUL ACTIONS, is deplorable. I've never been unjustly put into a position to have to explain away an arrest.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Dang, I thought I was young when I started in the civil service at barely 21. Then again, maybe a different decade? I have coworkers who started at 16-18, but that was also 30-40 years ago, not the 15 ago I did.
    Four words.....

High School Work Study

My wife started with a certain three letter Agency at 17......half days her Senior Year.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Four words.....

High School Work Study

My wife started with a certain three letter Agency at 17......half days her Senior Year.

My son did the same thing when he was a senior at Broadneck, before graduating in the class of 2010. I pump up the program to everyone I talk to with high school aged kids. He then kept the clearance through college by working for contractors to the same agency during summers and holidays. Graduating 4 years later with a degree in electrical engineering and an established TS/SCI clearance put him in a great place for instant placement in the job market earning a very substantial salary. And, as a parent, it was great because we knew that he knew what he couldn't do in college if he wanted to keep the clearance.

JoeR

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Four words.....

High School Work Study

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have a few coworkers who did that. I haven’t run in to anyone in my agency under about 40 who did though. I’ve had high school work study student/employees work for me or with me in the past, but we never seem to hire them any more for permanent positions

Probably doesn’t help with the budget situation we haven’t done much external hiring at all in about 7-8 years.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Exactly, the DA chose not to prosecute "at this point in time". That doesn't mean they can't change their mind later.

If charged for something else down the road, within 3 years. These charges can be piled on, in addition to the new something else charges.

That is probably the reason why the waiver is required. To explain "what can happen".

A waiver is required because the statute of limitations on civil suits is generally three years. That's why you have to file one if you are requesting an expungement within the three years. The state doesn't want to get hit with a civil suit and then find out they have destroyed their files have no records to defend the suit with.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    WTF... maybe she was mugged or recognized frosh as a prior assailant.

edit, if you can't see the video, the officer asks for a name and street for his report.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom