• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    :deal: how did you learn to write your response?

Typing something on an internet forum is not the only form of "free speech".

Let's take this to testifying in Annapolis. You are encouraged to provide testimony in writing, but you are not required to do so. Were you required to prove your literacy before you were allowed to speak, if you did, during the FSA2013 hearings?

If you show up at a county council or school board meeting, do they ask about your literacy or level of education before you may speak?

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    i think you are missing my point, which is, if someone is untrained in the ownership and use of a firearm, and say for example "sweeps" my daughter or son due to the inherent ignorance of said gun handling skills due to lack of training, were and who do i direct my anger?

Why do you get angry? I would use it as a "teaching" opportunity.

"Excuse me sir, do you realize that you pointed the muzzle of your firearm at my children? Do you understand why that is dangerous? No? here's why."

ih8demlibs beat me to it

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Let's just all agree to take a class from VODA... that'll fix everything :lol2:

wNTLSfH.jpg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I’m not sure the OP is anything, I’m still waiting for the OP to answer the above quoted question.;)

He won't.

I could post the info, but that is not my job and I'm not going to give him ammunition to get me booted from MDS. I'll gladly tell others if they ask me though. Students like to ask for training references since I don't/wont teach anything shooting related.

Seems insulting to Txkev and Norton to hear someone complain about IP Fees, and a lack of MDS related business traffic. If one can't get business from being an I.P. here it's not MDS that is the problem, it's the Product or the I.P.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I am still waiting for the Md Gov't to allow its citizens to use taxpayer funded ranges throughout the state that Police departments use.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    A lot of wisdom in the writings of Elmore Leonard

42F10966-665F-49AC-AD21-70A0F9FE5AEF.jpg

With better attitudes by both sides of the debate, we could have a productive discussion.

Should training be mandatory? Hell, No!

Should basic and advance training be encouraged? Hell Yeah

But it is the individual’s right to choose his course of action. This is the right of any citizen living in our republic.

As for education, I think schools need to go back to a curriculum of STEM plus American History, Art, Music, Civics, Logic, Ethics and Physical Education to include archery, martial arts and marksmanship.

Also, parents need to take an active and leading role in their childrens’ lives again. Family and community has to become once again the bedrock of our society and civilization.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom