• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    It looks like Jaybeez is correct...

The Petition for Expungement of Records CC-DC-CR-072 would cover a Second Degree Assault since it is not listed under §14–101 as a Crime of Violence, but only after you receive an unconditional pardon from the Governor.

§14–101.
    (a) In this section, “crime of violence” means:
    (1) abduction;
    (2) arson in the first degree;
    (3) kidnapping;
    (4) manslaughter, except involuntary manslaughter;
    (5) mayhem;
    (6) maiming, as previously proscribed under former Article 27, §§ 385 and 386 of the Code;
    (7) murder;
    (8) rape;
    (9) robbery under § 3–402 or § 3–403 of this article;
    (10) carjacking;
    (11) armed carjacking;
    (12) sexual offense in the first degree;
    (13) sexual offense in the second degree;
    (14) use of a handgun in the commission of a felony or other crime of violence;
    (15) child abuse in the first degree under § 3–601 of this article;
    (16) sexual abuse of a minor under § 3–602 of this article if:
    (i) the victim is under the age of 13 years and the offender is an adult at the time of the offense; and
    (ii) the offense involved:
    1. vaginal intercourse, as defined in § 3–301 of this article;
    2. a sexual act, as defined in § 3–301 of this article;
    3. an act in which a part of the offender’s body penetrates, however slightly, into the victim’s genital opening or anus; or
    4. the intentional touching, not through the clothing, of the victim’s or the offender’s genital, anal, or other intimate area for sexual arousal, gratification, or abuse;
    (17) an attempt to commit any of the crimes described in items (1) through (16) of this subsection;
    (18) continuing course of conduct with a child under § 3–315 of this article;
    (19) assault in the first degree;
    (20) assault with intent to murder;
    (21) assault with intent to rape;
    (22) assault with intent to rob;
    (23) assault with intent to commit a sexual offense in the first degree; and
    (24) assault with intent to commit a sexual offense in the second degree.

Attachments

• Expungement.jpg
      Expungement.jpg
      151.2 KB · Views: 299

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Case search. As posted above. PBJ will show up, expungements will not. But law enforcement can see expungements, but in most cases they must ignore them.

To the OP. If your friend was convicted, he is prohibited unless PARDONED. Sadly, he probably took a plea after the prosecutor told him a fine and a plea would make it "go away".

That's exactly what happened !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Since he is not allowed to own a firearm. Is it ok to allow him to use my firearms in my presence at the gun range ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Even if expunged there is the question of have you ever been arrested before (CCW) so I am thinking he would have to explain the arrest. Yes/No arrest question that I have heard you may answer no if expunged, which made no sense to me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Even if expunged there is the question of have you ever been arrested before (CCW) so I am thinking he would have to explain the arrest. Yes/No arrest question that I have heard you may answer no if expunged, which made no sense to me.

just because you've been arrested doesn't necessarily make him a prohibited person.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Well unless he was CONVICTED of a prohibiting crime, he can be arrested 10 times with no legal prohibitions. I do agree MSP would try to make it as difficult as possible, as if they could make it worse

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

why? as long as he doesn't touch a firearm, he has broken no law.

You guys are talking about 2 seperate things. The op wrote handgun permit, but is actually talking about a HQL.

Non-convictions aren't really counted for hql apps, except pbj's for crimes of violence.

Handgun carry permits look at "propensity to violence", msp counts non convictions towards those. Multiple arrests without convictions can get you a denial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom