Prediction: Annapolis may move to an outright ban....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Awhile back, I read an article in a Connecticut paper that said the state had decided to handle the non-compliance by attrition instead of attack. That is, if/when a non-compliant citizen rang for help, they'd be told help cannot be sent unless they were willing to comply with the law and turn over their illegal weapons. I'll see if I can locate the article.

I haven't found the article in question, but I did find two that're quite illuminating:
    The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion

Connecticut halts plans to round up firearms after finding most cops in the state are on the list

Callthecops.net is a satire spoof site

Also on it: http://www.callthecops.net/all-us-ambulances-ordered-out-of-service-due-to-raciest-design/

I think we'd have heard of it

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Here we go again the opposition does not need ideas or what bothers us.

More productive would be grass roots organizing and working to increase Liberty minded politicians.
    We're laying the groundwork for this kind of effort through MSI. Let me know if you're ready to roll.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I actually remember hearing about it. Either CT or NY State - I can't remember which, but I'm leaning toward NY. I recall an emergency legislative session to emplace an LEO carvout in the statute to avoid a police rebellion.

I think it was both States.

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    Making felons of current lawful owners. That's what will happen if they ban possession of the currently owned weapons and magazines. That's because something like 10% will comply and the rest will not. Do these politicians have a clue. 99.999% of the owners are law abiding citizens that for no good reason get turned into felons.

At that point, why would any of these weapons owning people respect the law any more?

You are already a felon possessing a semi-automatic weapon. Why stop there and go ahead and convert to fully automatic?

A ban would be more than stupid. Sounds like a perfect Democratic Party initiative.

Last edited:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Making felons of current lawful owners. That's what will happen if they ban possession of the currently owned weapons and magazines. That's because something like 10% will comply and the rest will not. Do these politician have a clue. 99.999% of the owners are law abiding citizens that for no good reason get turned into felons.

At that point, why would any of these weapons owning people respect the law any more?

You are already a felon possessing a semi-automatic weapon. Why stop there and go ahead and convert to fully automatic?

A ban would be more than stupid. Sounds like a perfect Democratic Party initiative.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
    Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them.
    One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I'm *sure* they will try again. If there's one thing that's consistent in Annapolis, it's that new anti-gun legislation will be pushed forward every session.

<sarcasm> Which is a good thing, because the last round of gun bans didn't have any effect on the escalating violent crime rates in Baltimore. So clearly more gun laws must be passed, until the criminals start obeying the laws. </sarcasm>

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Except in this case, while we all want reduced gun violence I suspect what the Dems *really* want is no guns (and it's not the same thing).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And watch ... the very Dems that have been giving comfort to the BLM effort ... will call it something like the Police Officer Safety Act and use it as a pre-text to go after the remaining "military-style" rifles.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm *sure* they will try again. If there's one thing that's consistent in Annapolis, it's that new anti-gun legislation will be pushed forward every session.

<sarcasm> Which is a good thing, because the last round of gun bans didn't have any effect on the escalating violent crime rates in Baltimore. So clearly more gun laws must be passed, until the criminals start obeying the laws. </sarcasm>

The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Except in this case, while we all want reduced gun violence I suspect what the Dems *really* want is no guns (and it's not the same thing).

Well, they already have that in Chicago. Oh, wait...

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Isn't it about time we crack down on our elected officials? We control them and maybe they need to be taught a civics lesson again. The Constitution was made to control the government not the citizens. When we as a people get tired of getting pushed around its going to get real ugly, real fast.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Isn't it about time we crack down on our elected officials? We control them and maybe they need to be taught a civics lesson again. The Constitution was made to control the government not the citizens. When we as a people get tired of getting pushed around its going to get real ugly, real fast.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

OK, let's go sit on Mike and Mike's respective business doorsteps. :party29:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I remember living in Annapolis when it was cool as a kid for a short while. You could chicken neck off of city dock all night and buy illegal cigarettes on west street and even get served before you were 18. Now there so crazy they want to regulate parking spaces on publicly owned tax payer maintained streets for the wanna be elites. You know when I got involved in this forum I realized how backward I was when It came to state legislative matters or maybe my inability to use cognitive skills to be as sharp on current constitutional matters as a lot of folks writings but one thing I have noticed is that There is not a lot of discussion on following the money trail associated with the current legislation or at least which I have been able to find publicly. I wish I had the time and resources to expose the possibility of incompetence, fiscal shortcomings and then link it to the legislative directives or established practices that are to be followed by law. When people start losing their jobs that will get attention. Theses folks are certainly not that smart and ethical and I know when I watch them speed down 404 endangering my family members and loved ones and everyone else who wants to chill and vacation with their stupid crab dem stickers and all that dumb s#*t. The responsibility to make a change in my opinion is up to me and I haven't made the effort to see what I can do on my own the right way so in the interim I must follow the law. I don't take a lot of stock in the current administration either even though I voted for Hogan and besides is it really his sole responsibility to fix what I let get away from myself in the first place? sorry for the bs rant

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I remember living in Annapolis when it was cool as a kid for a short while. You could chicken neck off of city dock all night and buy illegal cigarettes on west street and even get served before you were 18. Now there so crazy they want to regulate parking spaces on publicly owned tax payer maintained streets for the wanna be elites. You know when I got involved in this forum I realized how backward I was when It came to state legislative matters or maybe my inability to use cognitive skills to be as sharp on current constitutional matters as a lot of folks writings but one thing I have noticed is that There is not a lot of discussion on following the money trail associated with the current legislation or at least which I have been able to find publicly. I wish I had the time and resources to expose the possibility of incompetence, fiscal shortcomings and then link it to the legislative directives or established practices that are to be followed by law. When people start losing their jobs that will get attention. Theses folks are certainly not that smart and ethical and I know when I watch them speed down 404 endangering my family members and loved ones and everyone else who wants to chill and vacation with their stupid crab dem stickers and all that dumb s#*t. The responsibility to make a change in my opinion is up to me and I haven't made the effort to see what I can do on my own the right way so in the interim I must follow the law. I don't take a lot of stock in the current administration either even though I voted for Hogan and besides is it really his sole responsibility to fix what I let get away from myself in the first place? sorry for the bs rant

Don't apologize - you just became aware of what's happening. Join MSI and become as active as you can along with the rest of us. THAT's how you can change things.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Dont worry I'm not an apologist. I looked at their web link and will study it more. Its just that the stupidity is so great on the state governments behalf, I have a hard time in my mind evaluating our position because when I was educated in MD. the thought of registration, bans, confiscation and things like fingerprinting were for criminals or a security clearance or a George Orwell novel. You know we have educators here in Dorchester County that prothlesize communism isn't such a bad thing? WTF. That's where we need to start by working towards getting the right educators in place to end the indoctrination. A substitute school teacher needs an old school $40 finger print to go into the classroom but if i want to get a pistol its significantly higher and some bio-metric bs or another. How about that multi page pre admission for voluntary registration crap they're pushing just to buy a lower. I went to pick one up (a lower) and seen that and said the hell with it, I'm not going to legitimize their efforts. I bought my first store bought shotgun from Kmart when I was like 14or 15 and they didnt even wince. Im sure all of this has been beat to death here before but I'm just thinking {ranting} of different ways to start dishing out whats been served up to alot of good people.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013

That presumes (incorrectly, in my opinion) that you're thinking long-term as opposed to thinking for today, which is the default for two year-olds and Bolsheviks (a redundancy to be sure). See r/K theory.

Bolsheviks aren't called "knee-jerks" for nothing. They react to acute emotion, not as part of a far-sighted strategy, which is why they keep passing more "common sense" gun control laws in spite of the facts clearly demonstrating no connection to violent crime diminution. And, like two year-olds, they see a gun, recoil in fear and deduce that if they can completely eliminate the thing that causes their fear they'll likewise eliminate the violent crime [they mistakenly believe] it causes. You can't reason with stupid any more than you can explain natural law to a two year-old....or Muslim Bolshevik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom