• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    We're kind of new to the area and tried Cinco de Mayo and I liked it. Tried papa Joes and although the service was excellent,the food was horrible. Habaneros has jumped into our all time favorite Mexican place and the pregnant wife loves Mexican so its a win-win for me.

Last edited:

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    It's funny people's tastes (as in how they are different). I didn't dislike Habaneros, but it's not my favorite. I have yet to be disappointed with Papa Joe's.

Part of it is they just do things differently. I ordered the same dish at Habaneros that I usually get at Papa Joes and it was just...different. "Same" sauce, but different look and taste.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    It's funny people's tastes (as in how they are different). I didn't dislike Habaneros, but it's not my favorite. I have yet to be disappointed with Papa Joe's.

Part of it is they just do things differently. I ordered the same dish at Habaneros that I usually get at Papa Joes and it was just...different. "Same" sauce, but different look and taste.

Agreed. I'd eat taco bell before papa Joe's. Habanaros was shit. Cinco de mayo for me any day

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I love Mexican Food but Westminster is a bit of a hike for me just for dinner. I like Mi Casa in Ellicott City, that's my go-to Mexican place.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Used to be a Cinco de Mayo in Hagerstown but they could not compete with El Ranchero which is pretty decent so it was closed. The Cinco de Mayo in Spring Mills WV can't compare food wise to the Fiesta Tapatia 7 miles farther down I-81 in Martinsburg. Found another good one this last weekend, unfortunately its near Huntsville, Alabama. Everytime I go shooting out of state I find a decent one, this one called the Buenavista Mexican Restaurant on Route 72. If you find a place that offers green (or red) Tomatillo sauce on enchiladas you are getting closer to good Mexican food.

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    I actually went to Habaneros a few weeks ago when I was up there visiting a friend of mine who swears this place is the best(I wasn't very confident in his opinion because he smokes a lot of weed and what isn't good when you are high all the time?). The food was pretty good. I wasn't blown away or anything. The best mexican food I have had in Maryland personally was at Garibaldi's in Glen Burnie. Or if you are in Annapolis El Toro Bravo(I believe they are owned by the same people).

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Attachments

• 13510824_826874134124028_762772767669937870_n.jpg
      13510824_826874134124028_762772767669937870_n.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 114

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics