Roni Micro with Stabilizer Brace No Bueno?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I went ahead and pre-ordered one of these bad boys for a Glock 19.
    https://usa.caagearup.com/micro-roni-stabilizer
    This model does not have a stock but the Stabilizing Brace approved by the ATF. No Tax Stamp required. However CAA cancelled my order and stated to me that this item is not legal for shipment to Maryland. Does anyone know why that would be? What gives? These even specify on their website that this is a non-nfa item.
    0000888_micro-roni-stabilizer.jpeg

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Under 29?

For the record if the plan was to suppress the 19 these things suck.....at least the gen1 did

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    A more accurate image of what actually is being shipped out. Notice the 45 degree angle of the grip and no mag caddy to comply with the ATF.
    0000920_micro-roni-stabilizer.jpeg

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Several companies have these non-nfa carbine kits. The KPOS Pathfinder is another one which is pretty good. There is also the Hera Arms Triarii.
    Figured I'd try a different one and do a review but they won't ship it. I'll get it one way or another. :lol:

:party29:

Ostrich

Mar 6, 2018
    Did you end up figuring out a way to get the micro roni in MD? If not did you find a simular one?

Ostrich

Mar 6, 2018
    Another question, being that its just an attachment can I hypothetically buy it in say SC? Asking for a friend...hypothetically.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    It’s a non NFA item with brace. I actually have a new one for sale for the 20/21.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Im sorry can you talk to me like im stupid. Whats NFA? And whats the difference?

If you don't know what NFA is, you best do some research before getting one, but yes you can get one. These items are legal, but right on the edge, and something as simple as adding a forward grip can get serious jail time. Start by reading about the National Firearm Act.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If you don't know what NFA is, you best do some research before getting one, but yes you can get one. These items are legal, but right on the edge, and something as simple as adding a forward grip can get serious jail time. Start by reading about the National Firearm Act.

“Simple” graphic

Attachments

• 9173A844-5D23-48CE-A6E7-2341B09C0641.jpg
      9173A844-5D23-48CE-A6E7-2341B09C0641.jpg
      119.3 KB · Views: 503

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    According to the FAQ on MSP Licensing Page https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/FAQs.aspx

Is it legal to purchase a Micro RONI in the State of Maryland

The device itself is not a firearm and so its sale would not be regulated by the Maryland State Police, however when a pistol is placed within the device frame, the weapon becomes a rifle (because the weapon is "designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder.") And if the overall length of the combination weapon is less than 29", the weapon is now a "copycat weapon" subject to the prohibitions against possessing an assault weapon under CR Title 4, Subtitle 3. ​

Now I believe the MSP incorrectly believes the only version available is one that has a stock. They also seem to do this with other long guns that have one SKU that has both a folding stock and flash hider, and then determine that all the SKUs of that firearm are banned.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I'll put in a little disclaimer. When I originally purchased the Roni with the brace, CAA contacted me and informed me that they would not ship it to Maryland citing some legal mumbo jumbo (probably from the frosh hole himself) that it's illegal for me to own in my state. There was a bit of back and forth but I had them call Maryland State Police and get confirmation that it indeed was ok to ship because the item had a brace not a stock on it. They shipped it out to me shortly after that!

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    16" barrel +arm brace = ?
    eg. AR pistol- remove upper then attach a 16" .22 upper

Also Full auto lower (MG) + any upper = still a MG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom