• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Just curious if any fellow MDShooters' would be attending the long range challenge at peacemaker on 8/26? It's open to the public if anyone is interested. Always nice to have a person to bounce tactics and ideas off of!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i will be doing the falling steel matches at peacemaker that day. i have done their LR matches and those are fun also, out to 1200 yds.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    and i will add, an excellent venue to get dope for your rifle as it's hard to find places to shoot out that far around here.

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Those looked pretty fun, I haven't done any of those yet but id like to get into it! Yea Im pretty bummed they have not had frontier fridays like they did last year, competitions are now the best way for me to practice on my schedule.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Interested in learning more about the LR game and peacemaker is just an hours drive for me.

Need to check 'move daughter back into college' schedule that weekend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I have nothing to shoot :(. Look, learn and ask as many ?s as I can for this go round.

Sold most of my 'collection' to fund my daughters shooting habit, travel budget and equipment needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Some photos from the match today for squad 4.

i-j63CT3P-L.jpg

i-X7W8s7V-L.jpg

i-Ct5HCjJ-L.jpg

i-GvZmtgJ-L.jpg

i-X9ddDZW-L.jpg

i-VJDBXdx-L.jpg

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    next time, if you do some azz shots, get some cute girls on your squad! ahaha

so what did you like and not like about the match? was it all prone/belly shooting, or any challenging positions? round count?

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    Yes all shots were from prone. 5 stages with 5 targets each from around 450-900 yards. You had three chances on each target. Unfortunately two targets got knocked down so it was only 23 targets total.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Were you on squad 4 as well? I'm the navy blue shirt in the pics above haha I came away pretty happy, made 16 first round hits!

Yes I was on squad 4 in the first relay (Mark)

I could have shot better, but it was still great fun. I will give it a try again in October.

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    Hey I was on Squad 4 also, and had 16 first round hits. I dropped one target and had 9 misses in all. It was a great day for shooting. The temp was perfect and we had light winds and a fun squad to shoot with. I am going to retire my gun while I wait for my MPA rifle to be built. I can't imagine my MPA rifle will be much more accurate than my thrown together LRC gun! Glad you made it and it was a pleasure shooting with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom