• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    https://practiscore.com/2017-potoma...pa-match-and-self-defense-conference/register

The Thurmont IDPA Club announces the 2017 Potomac Grail IDPA Sanctioned Match and Self-Defense Expo, October 7-8, at Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmen's Center, Thurmont, MD.

- Featuring self-defense expo with on-site demonstrations by: Krav Maga Maryland, MACE, John Murphy, and more.
    - Offering BUG, CCP, SSP and SPD-CO (Carry Optics) Divisions.
    - 12 self-defense related stages
    - Limited number of prizes drawn at random
    - $65 Fee before Sept 10, $75 after Sept 10
    - Shirts, food, beverages and other items for purchase at the match.
    - This is the FIRST IDPA Sanctioned Match offering a Carry Optic Division.
    - Cody Claxton, Match Director, Pete Ott, Assistant Match Director.

Match Schedule:
    Friday, October 6: Setup
    Saturday October 7: Check-In 8AM, Staff Match 9AM-1PM, next relay 1:30PM-5:30PM.
    Sunday October 8: Check-In 9AM, Match 10AM-3PM.
    Each relay allows all shooters to shoot all stages in 4 hours.
    Six, 6-member squads will shoot each 4 hour slot.
    Total capacity is 198 shooters divided into 4 relays.
    We will have gun inspections.
    150 rounds estimated over 12 stages.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Me too... What squad are you on?

Squad 21

I was out at Thurmont yesterday and they have taken one of the bays and added a "mine shaft" feature to it which Cody says will be incorporated into one of the stages. And he also said that some of the John Wick stages from an earlier match are going to be reprised, including the melon stage.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Squad 21

I was out at Thurmont yesterday and they have taken one of the bays and added a "mine shaft" feature to it which Cody says will be incorporated into one of the stages. And he also said that some of the John Wick stages from an earlier match are going to be reprised, including the melon stage.

Squad 25

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    We've been setting this up since Thursday. If anyone here has a carry permit, it is SUGGESTED you either participate or spectate in any dynamic shooting sport/event. This one, will leave you psyched. You'll learn much and make friends. Stoveman, I'm in squad 3. Cya there.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We've been setting this up since Thursday. If anyone here has a carry permit, it is SUGGESTED you either participate or spectate in any dynamic shooting sport/event. This one, will leave you psyched. You'll learn much and make friends. Stoveman, I'm in squad 3. Cya there.

But of course.

i'm a SO on the Melon stage, stop by and say hi. helped setup today, looks like some fun stages.

That was an awesome stage the first time around, glad it's being reprised. Will introduce myself Sunday morning.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I really wish I would have shot yesterday.

Having 9 -10 shooters per squad with these intricate stages was WAY too many. And of course I'm on the squad with a couple of out of town Match Directors who want to nitpick the legality of every stage, make sure they do their slow motion walk throughs, argue every PE, etc... absolutely interminable. And I was shooting behind Mr. Jamomatic who ejected almost as many light strikes as he did spent brass.

On top of a late start due to the "rain delay" by the time we were half way through I couldn't wait to be done.

The stages were very good, Cody & crew did a great job on the set up and a YUGE thank you to all of the SO's.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I really wish I would have shot yesterday.

absolutely interminable.

hey on the bright side you got to meet me! or maybe that was the interminable part... ahaha

twas a good match, pretty challenging but it was lotsa fun also. i'm glad i shot ccp and not bug as there were some pretty tight shots.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    "The stages were very good, Cody & crew did a great job on the set up and a YUGE thank you to all of the SO's. "

I'll 2nd that.
    While I exhibited lackluster performance the stages were well designed, and the staff did an excellent job.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Stoveman, if you shot the day earlier, you may have been stuck behind me, another issue-o-matic. A new P-938 SIG failed me miserably. Called them on Monday and they were/are aware of the issue. Sent it back, they fix for free. NOTE TO SELF: never carry a gun not battle tested. stay safe.

I'll let the staff know you guys appreciate their efforts.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Stoveman, if you shot the day earlier, you may have been stuck behind me, another issue-o-matic. A new P-938 SIG failed me miserably. Called them on Monday and they were/are aware of the issue. Sent it back, they fix for free. NOTE TO SELF: never carry a gun not battle tested. stay safe.

I'll let the staff know you guys appreciate their efforts.

At least you wouldn't have bitched about every little thing. Just shoot the damn stage, its the same for everyone, legal or not. Those guys were a definite killjoy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom