• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Stocking up and getting ready. If you haven't followed my life like some do with soap opera's, then you may not know I've been out of the comp world for over a year getting surgery on my right thumb to correct the arthritis. The PCC division is all new to me and I want in.

My CCMG has the Colt style 9mm magwell and I want some 10 rounders for comps.

BUT, if IDPA and USPSA don't bother with 10 or 20 round mags, then never mind. :o

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm carrying a couple of 10-rounders on my belt after the last classifier CF. I suggest getting a couple for stages that require magazine changes. It's easier to swap to a short magazine versus trying to jam a 32-rounder in the magwell. That's just from personal experience.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm carrying a couple of 10-rounders on my belt after the last classifier CF. I suggest getting a couple for stages that require magazine changes. It's easier to swap to a short magazine versus trying to jam a 32-rounder in the magwell. That's just from personal experience.

Speaking of which, did you ever get that gun ironed out?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Metalform mags are good quality and they also make or did make palmettos and brownells in house branded mags

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Speaking of which, did you ever get that gun ironed out?

Nope. I hit the range this past weekend, and with the AR-10 spring, it ran through some of the mags with no problems, but the two Colt mags still had problems. I tested the .22 conversion and some ammunition with another AR I have, and will be using that for Steel Challenge this weekend. I need to do some more testing with the 9mm.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Stocking up and getting ready. If you haven't followed my life like some do with soap opera's, then you may not know I've been out of the comp world for over a year getting surgery on my right thumb to correct the arthritis. The PCC division is all new to me and I want in.

My CCMG has the Colt style 9mm magwell and I want some 10 rounders for comps.

BUT, if IDPA and USPSA don't bother with 10 or 20 round mags, then never mind. :o

Contact Hog Sniper from High Rock Outfitters (ISP Section). He can probably get you genuine Colt 10 round mags. I get genuine Colt 32rnd 9mm from him. They run great. never an issue with them. He always has good prices and is nice to work with. I buy all my mags from him.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom